Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Help! All my family will suggest are tryndee names!

My faves are Elliot Harrison, very handsome

And the pretty Cordelia Faye

Tell your family that we think you have great taste.
    Psalm 23

Quote Originally Posted by jill
    I love your names, Emmy! I'm sorry you're being bombarded with trendy suggestions, but on the bright side, names like Tenley (I guess it's bettern than eightley or ninely) simply reinforce that you've made the right decisions with your list!
    HILARIOUS! Tenley is pretty awful...
    Your names are much more attractive and have staying power. A name your child can wear with pride! I say choose what YOU like, because you're doing a great job!

Eightley and Nineley made me laugh out loud! Maybe for fun you should tell your family that you've been considering their suggestion of Tenley and that while it's not your favorite, it made you think of Nineley, which you adore, and that will be the baby's name.
    Mom of one daughter, age 2, and name-enthusiast

Wow, my vote goes to Vincent Harrison and Francesca Faye! Beautiful! Cordelia Faye is nice too. (I could hardly stop laughing at the humorous truth in the comment about the relatives -- that it's a long road between Cordelia and Tenley, not to be made in one lifetime. Yes, it may be best to hold off further talk about the name until the announcement on the big day!)
    Mother of three teenagers: (1) Daniel Glen, (2) Timothy Austin, and (3) Rebecca Jane. All middle names honor family, with Jane used three generations in a row. (A second girl would have been Susanna Eve.

You have gorgeous names picked out! Well done!

Can you talk to your family and let them know the names they are suggesting aren't your style? Or maybe even tell them you've decided on the names already (even if you haven't it might get them to stop). You don't even have to tell them your final choices!

Anyway, once your baby is born I'm sure they will grow to love the name they deemed too stuffy when they see it on a beautiful child!

Good luck to you!