Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Re: HELP needed, first baby...

@ Lanibelle

Belle – I feel like there are a lot of little Belle’s and Bella’s running around
    Natalia – Bad association with a Nathalie, too Christmassy
    Siri - NMS
    Lila/Lilia/Laila/Leila – Like Leila a lot
    Sloane – Too unisex for us
    GemmaLove this name, but was best friends with one when I was younger, so it would be a little weird to use
    Colette/Cosette – Like Colette
    Calla - Pretty
    Elisa – Like this one more than Eliza, sounds softer
    Rosetta – Very cool, but reminds me too much of the Rosetta Stone

Male:
    ReeveKinda like
    Callum – Taken by a friend
    Reed – Like Reeve better
    Beacon – Never heard this as a name, sounds pretty interesting, I am not big on most word names, but this could grow on me
    BarretWorth some consideration
    Rence – Never heard this before, can’t find a meaning or origin anywhere, so it is probably a bit too foreign for me
    AsherLove it, but it feels trendy
    Theo – Like it, would probably lean towards Theodore with a NN of Theo
    Frost – We’re in Canada, so frost is definitely a commonly used word for us, unfortunately
    Gable – Very cool, might be a little too cool for our style, but I am going to keep it in contention
    Gage – Reminds me too much of the word guage
    LachlanLove this name, but it concerns me that it fits BOTH the surname-as-a-first-name and the UK names trends

@ Susan

Thanks for all the great combos, putting a full name together is reall selling me on many of these names I was otherwise neutral towards!

Adeline Pearl Skerman* - I agree, very pretty combo!
    Audrey Margaret* Skerman - Audrey Margaret is pretty, but it is a bit of a mouthful with our last name
    Audrey Madeline Skerman**** - Yes, better, I like both names, but I am not sure if I am ready to give up the family reference for it
    Audrey Pearl Skerman* - Probably more likely, just to keep some family ties, still pretty. You are sure selling me on the Audrey, I wonder if I could get DH to feel the same way
    Rebecca Pearl Skerman – Just doesn’t have the same flow, does it?
    Rebecca Maeve Skerman*** - I have never been drawn to the Maeve thing, but it does make a pretty middle, doesn’t it. Still not sure if I am willing to go without some family meaning though
    Rebecca Violet Skerman*** - Oh, this should be a favourite, I could almost give up on the family names for this one
    Adelaide is so pretty, but I don't like it with Skerman - agreed
    Pearl Gretje Skerman – I have been thinking about Pearl as a FN, I am not sure if I am ready to take that leap (because I hated this name until recently), but I am really loving it these days. Funny thing though, the name would mean Pearl Pearl (both DH’s gramma’s names mean Pearl!)
    Pearl Adeline Skerman*** - I love it more too, I would want her to get one name that’s all her own (although Pearl Gretje is a funky combo)

Andrew Jacob Skerman – Aww, this would be one of my top picks if I could get DH’s family over their Andrew issues (my Grandpa was called Andy for his last name, Anderson, and I would love to win this name, but it just isn’t going to happen)
    Andrew Rafe Skerman – Don’t like it quite as much, and Ralph was Andy’s real name, so it would be redundant to use both names after him
    Clark Henry Skerman – ADORE this!! Perhaps as much as Lemon’s Everett Nathaniel, and it also gives a family tie!!
    Clark Matthew Skerman – Love this too, maybe not as much as Henry
    Elliott Rafe Skerman – Still not sure how I feel about Rafe, probably because we never see that spelling around here
    Grant Henry Skerman – Another winner
    Grant Jakob Skerman – Great, but not as great as Grant Henry
    Jakob Andrew Skerman – Would totally go here if a cousin hadn’t already used Jakob, my sister wasn’t engaged to one (Jakub), and it wasn’t the most popular name on the planet right now (Jacob). Such a handsome name, too bad the rest of the world agrees!
    Jakob Henry Skerman - Ditto
    Henry Grant Skerman – DH’s uncle is already named Henry (after the same Henrik), and I don’t want to go there yet while there’s a living member of the family, but Henry is a great name
    Henry Jakob Skerman – Even better
    Henry Matthew Skerman – Good, but not AS good

Quote Originally Posted by brittanysarah
    @ Susan

Thanks for all the great combos, putting a full name together is reall selling me on many of these names I was otherwise neutral towards!

Adeline Pearl Skerman* - I agree, very pretty combo!
    Audrey Margaret* Skerman - Audrey Margaret is pretty, but it is a bit of a mouthful with our last name
    Audrey Madeline Skerman**** - Yes, better, I like both names, but I am not sure if I am ready to give up the family reference for it
    Audrey Pearl Skerman* - Probably more likely, just to keep some family ties, still pretty. You are sure selling me on the Audrey, I wonder if I could get DH to feel the same way
    Rebecca Pearl Skerman – Just doesn’t have the same flow, does it?
    Rebecca Maeve Skerman*** - I have never been drawn to the Maeve thing, but it does make a pretty middle, doesn’t it. Still not sure if I am willing to go without some family meaning though
    Rebecca Violet Skerman*** - Oh, this should be a favourite, I could almost give up on the family names for this one
    Adelaide is so pretty, but I don't like it with Skerman - agreed
    Pearl Gretje Skerman – I have been thinking about Pearl as a FN, I am not sure if I am ready to take that leap (because I hated this name until recently), but I am really loving it these days. Funny thing though, the name would mean Pearl Pearl (both DH’s gramma’s names mean Pearl!)
    Pearl Adeline Skerman*** - I love it more too, I would want her to get one name that’s all her own (although Pearl Gretje is a funky combo)

Andrew Jacob Skerman – Aww, this would be one of my top picks if I could get DH’s family over their Andrew issues (my Grandpa was called Andy for his last name, Anderson, and I would love to win this name, but it just isn’t going to happen)
    Andrew Rafe Skerman – Don’t like it quite as much, and Ralph was Andy’s real name, so it would be redundant to use both names after him
    Clark Henry Skerman – ADORE this!! Perhaps as much as Lemon’s Everett Nathaniel, and it also gives a family tie!!
    Clark Matthew Skerman – Love this too, maybe not as much as Henry
    Elliott Rafe Skerman – Still not sure how I feel about Rafe, probably because we never see that spelling around here
    Grant Henry Skerman – Another winner
    Grant Jakob Skerman – Great, but not as great as Grant Henry
    Jakob Andrew Skerman – Would totally go here if a cousin hadn’t already used Jakob, my sister wasn’t engaged to one (Jakub), and it wasn’t the most popular name on the planet right now (Jacob). Such a handsome name, too bad the rest of the world agrees!
    Jakob Henry Skerman - Ditto
    Henry Grant Skerman – DH’s uncle is already named Henry (after the same Henrik), and I don’t want to go there yet while there’s a living member of the family, but Henry is a great name
    Henry Jakob Skerman – Even better
    Henry Matthew Skerman – Good, but not AS good
    Pearl Gretje Skerman - double pearls! like two strands of pearls.

Love Audrey Pearl so much!

Love Clark Henry!

Quote Originally Posted by brittanysarah
    @ Jill
    Adeline – I was thinking a pron. of Add-eh-line, not Add-eh-lyn, does that still sound too matchy? (I don’t know if I love it anyway). I quite like Adelia (it is on my long list), but Adelaide is too much of a place name for me.

Norah: “I love Nora! :-)” – Me too (both spellings)

Rebecca: “A lot of the other names feel fresher to me, but I think it's beautiful. (Now that I think about it, it sounds really "K" heavy with your last name...)”

Scarlett (again, too pop?): “I think it's beautiful! It's #210 in the U.S., but I'm not sure about its popularity where you are. Oops! Scarlett Schuurman doesn't have the best sound to me...” – Agreed, it doesn’t sound great together, oh well

Sonja: “I think it's pretty, but I love some of the others more...” – That seems to be a consensus

(repeats deleted)
    Cora – “(although with an S last name, Cora S sounds like "chorus" :-)” – Agreed, also, bad associations with the name
    Flora – Too old or hippy for my taste
    LauraLove the Laura family of names, but Laura is a cousin we spend a lot of time with
    Susannah - NMS
    Annabel/Annabelle – Not feeling the “belle” names
    Celia – Like it, maybe as a nickname, although Cecilia has always felt too much like Sicily, not sure where else Celia could come from
    Daphne – Like it, but… (don’t know what the but is)
    Eleanor – Despite the cute NN, don’t know if I like it
    Helena – DH has an aunt Helen
    Iris – Has potential
    Juliet/ Juliette – Too “Romeo &”
    Louisa (oops...not with an S last name) – Agreed, just doesn’t fit
    Lydia – Like it, not sure if it’s on my list at the moment, but I will put it back if it disappeared
    Margot – I like the name, like the sound, like that it would honour Gretja, Pearl and Megan as a form of Margaret, but I have always hated the way it looks like “maggot”
    Miranda – DH’s cousin (yes, he has a seriously large family, and I don’t like repeating names of living people)
    Violet – Taken by a friend
    Amelie – Very beautiful name, but would forever be confused with the uber pop. Emily
    Coralie – Ooh, like it a lot, but the previously mentioned Cora we have problems with is a Cora-Lee, so this isn’t gonna happen
    ElodieLove it, do you think people would hear “Melodie” though, b/c I DON’T like Melodie (also not sure how it sounds with the last name)
    Mirabelle – Another “belle” name, which I am not fond of in general
    Audrey (popular) – Love it, but yes, too popular
    Adriana – Have loved this one on & off, I have (moderately) bad associations with Adrian, which seems to impact my views of Adriana
    Aurelia – Slightly too far out there for me? Not sure though, I like it.
    BryonyDon’t like it
    RubyLove, but it is a real up & comer from what I can tell
    Sabrina – Teenage witch, and a weird looking girl I went to school with
    Dahlia – Like it, wonder if I could convince others…
    Natalia – Bad associations with Nathalie, also, too Christmassy for my spring babe
    Arabella – Too many Bellas
    Cordelia – Ex BF is Cordell
    Carolina – Not bad, but I prefer Caroline
    Evelina – Now that’s one that’s too close to the puppy :) (Evey/Evelyn)
    Emilia – Ooh, this caught my eye
    Juliana – Meh
    Liliana – I like this one, but I don’t know if it stands out with all the Lily’s, Lilian’s and Vivian’s
    Lilia – Sounds plain by comparison to Liliana or Lydia (perhaps it’s the 2 syllables)
    Mariana – Too much like Mary-Anne, which I find boring
    Raphaela - NMS
    Simona - NMS
    Talia – Like, but taken in DH’s family
    Viviana – I’ve heard a few Vivian’s in our area lately
    Annora – looks like part of a medical problem, can’t think of which one
    Eleanora – Same thoughts as Eleanor, cute NN, but not sure if I like it
    Honora – NMS
    Tabitha (nn Tibbie) – Hard for me to picture on a real person
    Susannah - NMS
    Hi!

I pronounce Adeline like you do (with a "line"), and definitely think it works better than the the "lyn" pronunciation with your last name. :-) I think it's beautiful!

With Margot, I thought I'd mention that Margo (no T) is another (and valid) French spelling that avoids the "maggot" issue. :-)

Elodie: I don't like Melody either (not one bit), but I love Elodie. If someone introduced a little Elodie to me, I wouldn't confuse it with Melody, but I'm guessing there's a chance others may.

Lilia: This has three syllables, not two. It's lil-ee-uh.

Emilia: I think this is gorgeous with your last name!

Annora: I'm wondering if it's reminding you of anorexia? I never thought of that before! :-)

Take care! :-)