Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Re: HELP needed, first baby...

@ Lanibelle

Belle I feel like there are a lot of little Belles and Bellas running around
    Natalia Bad association with a Nathalie, too Christmassy
    Siri - NMS
    Lila/Lilia/Laila/Leila Like Leila a lot
    Sloane Too unisex for us
    Gemma Love this name, but was best friends with one when I was younger, so it would be a little weird to use
    Colette/Cosette Like Colette
    Calla - Pretty
    Elisa Like this one more than Eliza, sounds softer
    Rosetta Very cool, but reminds me too much of the Rosetta Stone

Male:
    Reeve Kinda like
    Callum Taken by a friend
    Reed Like Reeve better
    Beacon Never heard this as a name, sounds pretty interesting, I am not big on most word names, but this could grow on me
    Barret Worth some consideration
    Rence Never heard this before, cant find a meaning or origin anywhere, so it is probably a bit too foreign for me
    Asher Love it, but it feels trendy
    Theo Like it, would probably lean towards Theodore with a NN of Theo
    Frost Were in Canada, so frost is definitely a commonly used word for us, unfortunately
    Gable Very cool, might be a little too cool for our style, but I am going to keep it in contention
    Gage Reminds me too much of the word guage
    Lachlan Love this name, but it concerns me that it fits BOTH the surname-as-a-first-name and the UK names trends

@ Susan

Thanks for all the great combos, putting a full name together is reall selling me on many of these names I was otherwise neutral towards!

Adeline Pearl Skerman* - I agree, very pretty combo!
    Audrey Margaret* Skerman - Audrey Margaret is pretty, but it is a bit of a mouthful with our last name
    Audrey Madeline Skerman**** - Yes, better, I like both names, but I am not sure if I am ready to give up the family reference for it
    Audrey Pearl Skerman* - Probably more likely, just to keep some family ties, still pretty. You are sure selling me on the Audrey, I wonder if I could get DH to feel the same way
    Rebecca Pearl Skerman Just doesnt have the same flow, does it?
    Rebecca Maeve Skerman*** - I have never been drawn to the Maeve thing, but it does make a pretty middle, doesnt it. Still not sure if I am willing to go without some family meaning though
    Rebecca Violet Skerman*** - Oh, this should be a favourite, I could almost give up on the family names for this one
    Adelaide is so pretty, but I don't like it with Skerman - agreed
    Pearl Gretje Skerman I have been thinking about Pearl as a FN, I am not sure if I am ready to take that leap (because I hated this name until recently), but I am really loving it these days. Funny thing though, the name would mean Pearl Pearl (both DHs grammas names mean Pearl!)
    Pearl Adeline Skerman*** - I love it more too, I would want her to get one name thats all her own (although Pearl Gretje is a funky combo)

Andrew Jacob Skerman Aww, this would be one of my top picks if I could get DHs family over their Andrew issues (my Grandpa was called Andy for his last name, Anderson, and I would love to win this name, but it just isnt going to happen)
    Andrew Rafe Skerman Dont like it quite as much, and Ralph was Andys real name, so it would be redundant to use both names after him
    Clark Henry Skerman ADORE this!! Perhaps as much as Lemons Everett Nathaniel, and it also gives a family tie!!
    Clark Matthew Skerman Love this too, maybe not as much as Henry
    Elliott Rafe Skerman Still not sure how I feel about Rafe, probably because we never see that spelling around here
    Grant Henry Skerman Another winner
    Grant Jakob Skerman Great, but not as great as Grant Henry
    Jakob Andrew Skerman Would totally go here if a cousin hadnt already used Jakob, my sister wasnt engaged to one (Jakub), and it wasnt the most popular name on the planet right now (Jacob). Such a handsome name, too bad the rest of the world agrees!
    Jakob Henry Skerman - Ditto
    Henry Grant Skerman DHs uncle is already named Henry (after the same Henrik), and I dont want to go there yet while theres a living member of the family, but Henry is a great name
    Henry Jakob Skerman Even better
    Henry Matthew Skerman Good, but not AS good

Quote Originally Posted by brittanysarah
    @ Susan

Thanks for all the great combos, putting a full name together is reall selling me on many of these names I was otherwise neutral towards!

Adeline Pearl Skerman* - I agree, very pretty combo!
    Audrey Margaret* Skerman - Audrey Margaret is pretty, but it is a bit of a mouthful with our last name
    Audrey Madeline Skerman**** - Yes, better, I like both names, but I am not sure if I am ready to give up the family reference for it
    Audrey Pearl Skerman* - Probably more likely, just to keep some family ties, still pretty. You are sure selling me on the Audrey, I wonder if I could get DH to feel the same way
    Rebecca Pearl Skerman Just doesnt have the same flow, does it?
    Rebecca Maeve Skerman*** - I have never been drawn to the Maeve thing, but it does make a pretty middle, doesnt it. Still not sure if I am willing to go without some family meaning though
    Rebecca Violet Skerman*** - Oh, this should be a favourite, I could almost give up on the family names for this one
    Adelaide is so pretty, but I don't like it with Skerman - agreed
    Pearl Gretje Skerman I have been thinking about Pearl as a FN, I am not sure if I am ready to take that leap (because I hated this name until recently), but I am really loving it these days. Funny thing though, the name would mean Pearl Pearl (both DHs grammas names mean Pearl!)
    Pearl Adeline Skerman*** - I love it more too, I would want her to get one name thats all her own (although Pearl Gretje is a funky combo)

Andrew Jacob Skerman Aww, this would be one of my top picks if I could get DHs family over their Andrew issues (my Grandpa was called Andy for his last name, Anderson, and I would love to win this name, but it just isnt going to happen)
    Andrew Rafe Skerman Dont like it quite as much, and Ralph was Andys real name, so it would be redundant to use both names after him
    Clark Henry Skerman ADORE this!! Perhaps as much as Lemons Everett Nathaniel, and it also gives a family tie!!
    Clark Matthew Skerman Love this too, maybe not as much as Henry
    Elliott Rafe Skerman Still not sure how I feel about Rafe, probably because we never see that spelling around here
    Grant Henry Skerman Another winner
    Grant Jakob Skerman Great, but not as great as Grant Henry
    Jakob Andrew Skerman Would totally go here if a cousin hadnt already used Jakob, my sister wasnt engaged to one (Jakub), and it wasnt the most popular name on the planet right now (Jacob). Such a handsome name, too bad the rest of the world agrees!
    Jakob Henry Skerman - Ditto
    Henry Grant Skerman DHs uncle is already named Henry (after the same Henrik), and I dont want to go there yet while theres a living member of the family, but Henry is a great name
    Henry Jakob Skerman Even better
    Henry Matthew Skerman Good, but not AS good
    Pearl Gretje Skerman - double pearls! like two strands of pearls.

Love Audrey Pearl so much!

Love Clark Henry!

Quote Originally Posted by brittanysarah
    @ Jill
    Adeline I was thinking a pron. of Add-eh-line, not Add-eh-lyn, does that still sound too matchy? (I dont know if I love it anyway). I quite like Adelia (it is on my long list), but Adelaide is too much of a place name for me.

Norah: I love Nora! :-) Me too (both spellings)

Rebecca: A lot of the other names feel fresher to me, but I think it's beautiful. (Now that I think about it, it sounds really "K" heavy with your last name...)

Scarlett (again, too pop?): I think it's beautiful! It's #210 in the U.S., but I'm not sure about its popularity where you are. Oops! Scarlett Schuurman doesn't have the best sound to me... Agreed, it doesnt sound great together, oh well

Sonja: I think it's pretty, but I love some of the others more... That seems to be a consensus

(repeats deleted)
    Cora (although with an S last name, Cora S sounds like "chorus" :-) Agreed, also, bad associations with the name
    Flora Too old or hippy for my taste
    Laura Love the Laura family of names, but Laura is a cousin we spend a lot of time with
    Susannah - NMS
    Annabel/Annabelle Not feeling the belle names
    Celia Like it, maybe as a nickname, although Cecilia has always felt too much like Sicily, not sure where else Celia could come from
    Daphne Like it, but (dont know what the but is)
    Eleanor Despite the cute NN, dont know if I like it
    Helena DH has an aunt Helen
    Iris Has potential
    Juliet/ Juliette Too Romeo &
    Louisa (oops...not with an S last name) Agreed, just doesnt fit
    Lydia Like it, not sure if its on my list at the moment, but I will put it back if it disappeared
    Margot I like the name, like the sound, like that it would honour Gretja, Pearl and Megan as a form of Margaret, but I have always hated the way it looks like maggot
    Miranda DHs cousin (yes, he has a seriously large family, and I dont like repeating names of living people)
    Violet Taken by a friend
    Amelie Very beautiful name, but would forever be confused with the uber pop. Emily
    Coralie Ooh, like it a lot, but the previously mentioned Cora we have problems with is a Cora-Lee, so this isnt gonna happen
    Elodie Love it, do you think people would hear Melodie though, b/c I DONT like Melodie (also not sure how it sounds with the last name)
    Mirabelle Another belle name, which I am not fond of in general
    Audrey (popular) Love it, but yes, too popular
    Adriana Have loved this one on & off, I have (moderately) bad associations with Adrian, which seems to impact my views of Adriana
    Aurelia Slightly too far out there for me? Not sure though, I like it.
    Bryony Dont like it
    Ruby Love, but it is a real up & comer from what I can tell
    Sabrina Teenage witch, and a weird looking girl I went to school with
    Dahlia Like it, wonder if I could convince others
    Natalia Bad associations with Nathalie, also, too Christmassy for my spring babe
    Arabella Too many Bellas
    Cordelia Ex BF is Cordell
    Carolina Not bad, but I prefer Caroline
    Evelina Now thats one thats too close to the puppy :) (Evey/Evelyn)
    Emilia Ooh, this caught my eye
    Juliana Meh
    Liliana I like this one, but I dont know if it stands out with all the Lilys, Lilians and Vivians
    Lilia Sounds plain by comparison to Liliana or Lydia (perhaps its the 2 syllables)
    Mariana Too much like Mary-Anne, which I find boring
    Raphaela - NMS
    Simona - NMS
    Talia Like, but taken in DHs family
    Viviana Ive heard a few Vivians in our area lately
    Annora looks like part of a medical problem, cant think of which one
    Eleanora Same thoughts as Eleanor, cute NN, but not sure if I like it
    Honora NMS
    Tabitha (nn Tibbie) Hard for me to picture on a real person
    Susannah - NMS
    Hi!

I pronounce Adeline like you do (with a "line"), and definitely think it works better than the the "lyn" pronunciation with your last name. :-) I think it's beautiful!

With Margot, I thought I'd mention that Margo (no T) is another (and valid) French spelling that avoids the "maggot" issue. :-)

Elodie: I don't like Melody either (not one bit), but I love Elodie. If someone introduced a little Elodie to me, I wouldn't confuse it with Melody, but I'm guessing there's a chance others may.

Lilia: This has three syllables, not two. It's lil-ee-uh.

Emilia: I think this is gorgeous with your last name!

Annora: I'm wondering if it's reminding you of anorexia? I never thought of that before! :-)

Take care! :-)