Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which name do you prefer for Leah's sister?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rosalie Mae

14 45.16%
  • Ivy Patricia

17 54.84%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Leah's little sister

Thanks for the replies. I do agree with those who said that the "lie" sound in Rosalie repeats in Leah's name. I guess I like the name so much that I was trying to ignore that.

We did originally consider Rosemary but have an older Rosemary in the family and I think that using it could cause some trouble as people will assume we're naming our daughter after her (family politics). Rose is pretty and was on our list, but I don't love it nearly as much as Rosalie.

It seems harder to name a second baby- the name of the first puts constraints that we didn't consider when naming baby #1. For example, my top pick this time around (and hubby likes it too) would have been Lucy (probably full name of Lucia) but that's just too matchy with Leah.

Both your combos have great flow and I am delighted to see the elegant, sophisticated, all together gorgeous Patricia on the list.

I do not like Ivy so my vote went to Rosalie which is a very pretty name.
    Psalm 23

I picked Rosalie. Hmmm. Yeah, the Lee sounds in both names are a problem. What about Rosalind nn Rose and Rosie?
    Ivy is very cute, too. But since I wouldn't want to be named Ivy myself, I have a hard time recommending it.

I voted for Ivy because it goes so nicely with Leah. I love Rosalie but it doesn't fit as well with Leah.

I voted for Ivy but I don't think Ivy Patricia rings well. Is it possible to make it Ivy Mae? Because that sounds really cute! Ivy and Leah! (ps. do you pron. it Lee-uh or Lay-uh?)
    Julia Martina - not having kids anytime soon, but I love names!
    Boys: Tomas, Matteo, Peter, Geoff, Simeon...
    Girls: Rita, Artemis, Emanuelle, Johanna...