Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cecily?

Cecily?

My husband and I are expecting our first child and are having trouble agreeing on a girl's name. My top pick was Georgia, which he vetoed. I also love Genevieve, which he isn't crazy about. He suggested Jennifer and Alexandra, which I vetoed.

The two girls name that we have found that we both like are Charlotte and Cecily. I think I prefer Cecily over Charlotte, but I'm worried that it's a little too unusual. I do love Charlotte, but, on the other hand, I'm worried that it is getting too popular. Any suggestions/thoughts would be most appreciated!

Re: Cecily?

Both Cecily and Charlotte are beautiful, classy names and I don't think you can go wrong with either of them :)

Charlotte has the more familiar appeal, but there is the slight risk of over-popularity (it will take several years though).

Personally, I prefer Cecily (though it's close) due to its quirky and unexpected appeal. It still has the same classy, refined elegance as Charlotte but with a slightly more out-of-the-ordinary and spunky element.
    Trends, styles and quirks of British names:
    www.britishbabynames.com

Hi! I really love both names, but if popularity is a concern, I think that the more distinctive Cecily would be a better bet. I think it's so elegant, as well as uncommon (but not too "out there") and refreshing.

Whether you go with Cecily or Charlotte, I honestly don't think you can go wrong! :-)

Some more names you may like:

Alice
    Annabel
    Beatrice
    Celia
    Cora/Cordelia
    Clementine
    Daphne
    Eloise
    Eliza
    Eleanor/Eleanora
    Frances
    Evangeline
    Felicity
    Helena
    Ivy
    Iris
    Juliet
    Josephine
    Lydia
    Louisa
    Margot
    Phoebe
    Penelope (nn Nell or Poppy)
    Rose
    Scarlett
    Susannah
    Tess
    Tabitha
    Violet
    Vivian
    Willa

Good luck! :-)

Charlotte is nice, but Cecily, in my opinion, is perfection (it is on our list, too). I think it is refined but accessable, unusual but easy to pronounce, feminine and light but not frilly, and it reminds me of The Importance of Being Ernest, which I think is a wonderful connection.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by newmommy
    My husband and I are expecting our first child and are having trouble agreeing on a girl's name. My top pick was Georgia, which he vetoed. I also love Genevieve, which he isn't crazy about. He suggested Jennifer and Alexandra, which I vetoed.

The two girls name that we have found that we both like are Charlotte and Cecily. I think I prefer Cecily over Charlotte, but I'm worried that it's a little too unusual. I do love Charlotte, but, on the other hand, I'm worried that it is getting too popular. Any suggestions/thoughts would be most appreciated!

I love the name Charlotte - I don't think it is getting too popular. Instead of Cecily I would use Celia.
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

The Classics: Caroline, Catherine, Charlotte; Benjamin, James, Luke, William
    Celtic Flair: Annabel, Claire, Maeve; Evan, Liam, Patrick
    Short & Sweet: Eve, Jane, Rose; Hugh, Jack, Leo