Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Noelle not born near Christmas?

I named my first dog Noel cause she was a Christmas gift; I cant see Noel/Noelle being a name for anyone not born on or near Christmas or in the winter. But thats just my opinion.

Good luck.

Love the name Noelle and think that you should go for it. It's hard to find a name that everyone agrees on and loves, so if you've found it you shouldn't let the time of year sway you from it.

Just be prepared for a lot of people to ask you/her if she was born around Christmas.

Thanks for all your help! I now feel comfortable using Noelle for a summer baby. I don't know for sure if Noelle will be the middle name, but it is definetly near the top of my list.

I still haven't changed my mind about month names (for my own children). I think a baby born in April should be called April, not September or June.

Quote Originally Posted by mollyk
    Thanks for all your help! I now feel comfortable using Noelle for a summer baby. I don't know for sure if Noelle will be the middle name, but it is definetly near the top of my list.

I still haven't changed my mind about month names (for my own children). I think a baby born in April should be called April, not September or June.
    I agree with you on all levels about that! Because i dont think Noelle is really all that associated with christmas time, for us name people yea sure, but if i were to ask my husband or someone on the street chances are most people wouldnt assume it has anything to do with christmas.

I do agree with you 100% on month/season names. It seems so weird to me to have a April born in Spetemeber, a June born in March and May born in January while having a sibling names January who was born in May. It seems very backwards to me! Winter should be born within the 3 or 4 winter months (mainly i would hope Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb) and Summer in the summer months (being May, Jun, Jul, and the first week of August). I totally agree with you! Hahaha i think its weird any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by mollyk
    Is it ok use the name Noelle (probably for a mn) for a baby born in May or June? My sister's mn is Noel (my mom now admits that she spelled it wrong) and she was born a few days after Christmas. On a similar note, I know an April who's birthday is in September, I think it is a little wierd.
    I agree with Jill - Noelle is a beautiful name, whether used near Christmas or not.
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb