Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which is your favorite first name?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Penelope

18 78.26%
  • Noreni

1 4.35%
  • Evolette

0 0%
  • Everette

0 0%
  • Megara

4 17.39%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Noreni and Penelope MNs? Other first names, poll?

Noreni sounds like a type of noodle or pasta brand, I personally dont like it; Penelope, however, is beautiful and classic.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca
    Noreni sounds like a type of noodle or pasta brand, I personally dont like it; Penelope, however, is beautiful and classic.
    Haha! I would never have thought of that. Barilla, Buitoni, Martelli, Fratelli, Creamette... Noreni? Sure, why not ;)
    Out of curiosity... do other -eni names (like Eleni, for example), spark the same association, or just Noreni?

Noreni is an offshoot of Eirene (a variant of Irene), which is pronounced ay-REH-nee. I love Eirene (heard first, then saw written) but dislike Irene, and I figure people are likely to mispronounce the former as the latter the vast majority of the time. I was relieved to find a name that sounds similar but with a much more intuitive pronunciation, or at least no mispronunciation that happens to be a name I don't like.
    One little born 1/14

Re: Name poll: Greek and Germanic names...

I just came across Megara as a variation of Margaret. I think it's so pretty. Penelope was my second choice.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow
    Quote Originally Posted by rebecca
    Haha! I would never have thought of that. Barilla, Buitoni, Martelli, Fratelli, Creamette... Noreni? Sure, why not ;)
    Out of curiosity... do other -eni names (like Eleni, for example), spark the same association, or just Noreni?

Noreni is an offshoot of Eirene (a variant of Irene), which is pronounced ay-REH-nee. I love Eirene (heard first, then saw written) but dislike Irene, and I figure people are likely to mispronounce the former as the latter the vast majority of the time. I was relieved to find a name that sounds similar but with a much more intuitive pronunciation, or at least no mispronunciation that happens to be a name I don't like.
    Eleni doesnt remind me of a noodle or noodle brand. It sounds like an upbeat form of Elana; very pretty and very greek, no noddle connotation.

Re: Name poll: Greek and Germanic names...

Over the past few days, since I've seen this post, Megara has grown on me. It would take some time for others to get used but has a unique charm and presents lots of nicknames (Meg, Maggie, etc.)

Penelope Megara flows nice and is very very Greek