Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Gemma

Gemma

Hi berries!

I'm the gal with Gigi due in April and have posted several times. Gigi is what we call her now and what we intend to call her most of the time. For her formal name we are starting to lean towards Gemma Grace versus Ginger Grace (which I've written about several times.)

I have not taken commentary on Gemma yet so please let me know what you think. I love the name and LOVE the meaning "precious gem". I know this is a popular UK name but never really heard it here in the US.

Thoughts, please...
    bluebonnet
    texan mama to Frank Reagan "Frankie", Christopher James "CJ", and Ginger Grace "Gigi"

Re: Gemma

Funny that you mention how it's popular in the UK but not so much in the U.S. The only Gemma I've met in the US is British! I can see the appeal of the name, but it's not a fave. It sounds a tad nick-name-ish to me, but I know that's been sort of the thing over in the UK lately.

I think if you love it, go for it! It's your baby and your chance to give her a name you love.

I love the name Gemma..it has been a favorite for a long time. doesnt seem to appeal to everyone though..
    Ginger is very cute..but I see it being more a nn to Virginia.
    I love nn but also love the original names that go with them..then you get the best of both worlds

Gemma Grace is my pick of the two.. Virginia Grace would be lovely with nn Ginger or Gigi

Quote Originally Posted by jenevieve
    I love the name Gemma..it has been a favorite for a long time. doesnt seem to appeal to everyone though..
    I love nn but also love the original names that go with them..then you get the best of both worlds

Gemma Grace is my pick of the two.. Virginia Grace would be lovely with nn Ginger or Gigi
    Hi jenevieve,

thanks for your comments. what i've learned is there is no name that appeals to everyone! :-)
    bluebonnet
    texan mama to Frank Reagan "Frankie", Christopher James "CJ", and Ginger Grace "Gigi"

Quote Originally Posted by bluebonnet
    Quote Originally Posted by jenevieve

Hi jenevieve,

thanks for your comments. what i've learned is there is no name that appeals to everyone! :-)
    Very true (: