17 11.56%
  • Leo

29 19.73%
  • Theodore

28 19.05%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Need help... Baby Due Jan. 15!

Quote Originally Posted by meghandavid
    Funny story: A friend came over with her six week old baby named Carl. Now, I have nothing against naming a son Carl, but the friend was kind of sad, saying she and her husband just could not agree on a boy's name. They had decided together they just knew it would be a girl, so they were content to argue over boy names. (She loved August, but he preferred Gus). A week after giving birth, they chose the name Carl. Now, sitting on our coach, she looked at the sweet child, and said, "I can't believe I have a baby named Carl." My wife and I are due Jan. 15, and we are in name limbo, but both agree, we don't want a Carl situation.
    We don't know the gender either. We have a three year-old boy, and his name is Elias (we call him Eli mostly).
    Names we kind of like in various degrees but aren't convinced:
    Boys:
    Abraham
    Aristotle
    Cormac
    Leo
    Pascal

Girls:
    Clementine
    Edith
    Sadie
    Scarlett
    Stella
    Tessa
    Violet

Thanks baby naming universe ... would LOVE some feedback and suggestions!
    Thank you very much for the three replies... thoughtful... are there any others out there with comments or suggestions?

What about Luke?

That's awful about your friend and baby Carl. She should definitely change it if they don't like it, the baby is still a baby!

Abraham - this is a pretty cool name, I like Abe, and can see Abe and Eli together.
    Aristotle - cool name, kind of out there, but I love the nickname Ari for Aristotle. But Ari and Eli? Maybe too similar.
    Cormac - not a huge fan.
    Leo - very cute, but I think you maybe should go with a longer name that could be shortened.
    Pascal - seems off, not a fan.

Girls:
    Clementine - cute, but not a favourite of mine, it seems very country, which doesn't seem to go with the Biblical Elias.
    Edith - not a fan, but I do like Edie.
    Sadie - eh, it's okay.
    Scarlett - cute, but nothing special, no good nicknames either.
    Stella - don't like Stella at all for some reason, but I think I'm in the minority on this.
    Tessa - very cute.
    Violet - it's okay too, it's really popular on here but I just can't love it. Vi or Vivi is a cute nickname though.

I like Abraham (Abe) with Elias (Eli) the best. I do like Leo too, but I think it may be too short.

I like Violet (Vi) and Tessa for girls paired with Elias.

I would definitely recommend telling your friend to change her baby's name! People shouldn't just settle! (why not name the boy August and call him Gus?)

Anyway!
    My favorites from your list with your son's name:

For a boy:
    Leo

or

For a girl:
    Stella or Violet

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by liz22
    That's awful about your friend and baby Carl. She should definitely change it if they don't like it, the baby is still a baby!

Abraham - this is a pretty cool name, I like Abe, and can see Abe and Eli together.
    Aristotle - cool name, kind of out there, but I love the nickname Ari for Aristotle. But Ari and Eli? Maybe too similar.
    Cormac - not a huge fan.
    Leo - very cute, but I think you maybe should go with a longer name that could be shortened.
    Pascal - seems off, not a fan.

Girls:
    Clementine - cute, but not a favourite of mine, it seems very country, which doesn't seem to go with the Biblical Elias.
    Edith - not a fan, but I do like Edie.
    Sadie - eh, it's okay.
    Scarlett - cute, but nothing special, no good nicknames either.
    Stella - don't like Stella at all for some reason, but I think I'm in the minority on this.
    Tessa - very cute.
    Violet - it's okay too, it's really popular on here but I just can't love it. Vi or Vivi is a cute nickname though.

I like Abraham (Abe) with Elias (Eli) the best. I do like Leo too, but I think it may be too short.

I like Violet (Vi) and Tessa for girls paired with Elias.
    Thanks a lot Liz22! Are there any other suggestions, or people willing to kind of analyze some of our choices?

We kind of also like these girl names:
    Adeline
    Brighid
    Charlotte
    Eleanor
    Viola