Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: Naming my daughter after great-grandma?

Quote Originally Posted by countrylizb
    Quote Originally Posted by amaryllis
    Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll have to read through them carefully and consider each one.

Ricamaca - One that popped out at me was your suggestion of Finn/Finlay - I love it! It's my son's name! :)

My great-grandmother's middle name was Louise, and frankly, I hate that name. I know I'm probably in the minority here, but I just don't see the charm in it. For me, it's flat and boring.

I did talk to my mom today about the idea of naming my daughter after GG (my mom's grandmother), and she thought that GG must have had personal reasons for not liking her name, but that giving my daughter the name Elinor would still be a great honor. Everyone in our family would still associate the name with GG and would welcome having another "bright, shining one" in the family.
    Well, if you like the name Elinor, then you should go ahead use it. Because quite frankly, if your great-grandma is dead, she's not going to care what you name your daughter.
    You have a very valid point! One that I really should keep in mind. Naming the baby Elinor would serve more to remind those of us who knew Grandma Babe of what a wonderful person she was, and perhaps inspire my daughter to become a wonderful person herself. Thanks for the reminder!

Re: Naming my daughter after great-grandma?

I missed the posts by Unicorngirl and Devon...

Unicorngirl - your suggestion is a good one! I'll give it some thought, especially since Elizabeth and Erin were on our short list to begin with!

Devon - great anecdote! That's pretty funny! Thanks for the laugh!