Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Georgina?

Georgina?

What do you think? What about middle names? Thank you for your help!

Re: Georgina?

I LOVE Georgina!! My favorite name right now is the similar Georgiana. There is really nothing I dislike about the name. I love the nicknames Georgie, Gigi, or Georgia, too!

As for mn, I love alliteration so I really like Georgina Genevieve. I am in the minority on that, though. Especially because it is a little sing songy.

Others:

Georgina Camille
    Georgina Cecile
    Georgina Felicity (a little long, but I like long names)
    Georgina Cerise
    Georgina Hope
    Georgina Faye
    Georgina Claire
    Georgina Cate
    Georgina Daisy
    Georgina Lily
    Georgina Mae

The possibilities are pretty much endless in my opinion.

I like the classic, feminine style, but I dislike this name. I am probably in the minority, and I think a lot of people will give you positive feedback, but I have never liked the George line of girls' names. I know that a lot of girls' names are based on boys' names, but for some reason to me, George is just such a strong and distinct male name, that adding a, ine, ina, or iana just doesn't soften it for me. It still sounds like a harsh old man's name, with an odd feminine twist at the end. I also think of Georgie Porgie, so I especially dislike the nn Georgie that will likely attach.
    Mom of one daughter, age 2, and name-enthusiast

Georgina is a pretty name, but I like the simpler Georgia, or the frillier Georgiana, better for some reason. But it is still nice and a classic.
    I like short, classic middle names, sort of like...
    Georgina Mae
    Georgina Ivy
    Georgina Mary
    Georgina Grace
    Georgina Claire

I love Georgina Claire!! We don't live in the US, so we won't be able to pull off Georgia -- for folks here, that's either the state where Atlanta International airport is located or a tiny country that fought Russia last summer. Yes, the name does have a masculine root but DH and I have vetoed so many other names that we need to be open-minded.

Thank you for your feedback!!