Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Which Combinations Do You Like Best?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ivy Tabitha Mayer

5 26.32%
  • Ivy Eloise Mayer

9 47.37%
  • Ivy James Mayer

1 5.26%
  • Ivy Eliza Mayer

3 15.79%
  • Ivy Lana Mayer

1 5.26%

Ivy's Middle Name Poll

Hi everybody,
    You may have seen the thread my friend, Kate, (this is her account, by the way) started a couple of days ago. I'm trying to decide on a middle name for my daughter, whom my husband and I have decided to name Ivy.
    The search is ongoing, but this is what we're thinking so far.
    For the middle we're looking for something not-very girly. Taking this to the extreme, The Husband tossed James in there. I'm not really for gender-bending names, but I do think it has some punch to it.
    Anyway, please let us know what you think--and if you've got more suggestions, we'd love to hear them.
    Love,
    Lauren

Re: Ivy's Middle Name Poll

All of your options (except James) seem very girly to me. Maybe it's all the vowels. For less frilly but still clearly feminine names, what about:
    Ivy Louise
    Ivy Teagan
    Ivy Claire (not the best flow with last name)
    Ivy Caroline
    Ivy Charlotte
    Ivy Jane (maybe carries James' punch?)
    Ivy Gwendolyn
    Ivy Ellis
    Ivy Tamsin
    Ivy Meredith

Good luck!

I guess they are pretty feminine. I suppose what I meant was that I'm not really into names like Francesca, Arabella or Evangeline which to me are covered in frills.
    I know I said above that I don't like giving boys' names to girls, but I was perusing the Geezer Names for Girls list, and now I'm very intrigued by Lyle.
    Ivy Lyle Mayer

I like how it looks.
    Or I'm losing my mind!
    Love,
    Lauren

Hi!

I voted for Ivy Eloise. :-)

Ivy Tabitha: This is in second place for me, but I like the flow of Ivy Eloise more. :-)

Ivy Eloise: I love it!

Ivy James Mayer: I like the feminine names in the middle better, but I can see the appeal of Ivy James. That said, because James and Mayer have the same long A sound, I don't think it flows very well.

Ivy Lyle Mayer: Because Ivy and Lyle have the same long I sound, I don't think it flows very well.

Ivy Eliza: I love both names, but not together, because both Ivy and Eliza have the long I sound.

Ivy Lana Mayer: I think a longer middle (or a shorter one) sound great, but with Ivy Lana Mayer, every name has two syllables.

Ivy Josephine Mayer
    Ivy Louisa Mayer
    Ivy Matilda Mayer
    Ivy Rosalind Mayer
    Ivy Sophia Mayer (popular, though)
    Ivy Winifred Mayer
    Ivy Amelia Mayer

Good luck, Lauren! I think that Ivy is an amazing name! :-)