Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Jane/Janice?

Jane/Janice?

My mothers name is Janice Leigh. I've always wanted to honor her when we have a daughter. I'm not a huge fan of either of her names. If we use Leigh, even though I know it will be after my mother, I'll still feel like it was just tacked on the end, and Janice is just not that pretty and doesn't flow well as a middle name.

My hubby had the idea yesterday that we take "ic" out of Janice and use Jane as a second middle name in her honor- what do you think? Somethings like Alice/Gloria/Helena _____ Jane. I don't think our current MN favorite, Marcheline, flows well with Jane.

Thanks in advance, ladies:)

Re: Jane/Janice?

Jane is one of my favorite girls' names.

I like Jane, but you could also use Leigh on the end of a name just spelled differently.

Examples:
    Coralie
    Rosalie
    Amelie
    Hadley
    Jolie
    Kylie
    Wylie
    Finley
    Kinsley
    Marlee
    Waverly

I'm a big proponent of using the person's actual name to honor them. Especially as it seems you will have two middle names, I think Janice is just fine and seems a stronger connection to your mother. Lots of people say you can honor someone by just using the same first letter, etc but that's not my personal preference. With a longer middle like Marcheline, a two syllable first might be nice. Helen Marcheline Janice/Helen Janice Marcheline sounds beautiful imo. Alice would work but I don't like how it has the same 'ice' ending as Janice. If you're not worried about the number of syllables, Helena Janice Marcheline works well too.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipop
    My mothers name is Janice Leigh. I've always wanted to honor her when we have a daughter. I'm not a huge fan of either of her names. If we use Leigh, even though I know it will be after my mother, I'll still feel like it was just tacked on the end, and Janice is just not that pretty and doesn't flow well as a middle name.

My hubby had the idea yesterday that we take "ic" out of Janice and use Jane as a second middle name in her honor- what do you think? Somethings like Alice/Gloria/Helena _____ Jane. I don't think our current MN favorite, Marcheline, flows well with Jane.

Thanks in advance, ladies:)
    Hi! I think that Jane is a great way to honor Janice, not only because it's Janice without the "ic," but because Janice is actually a variation of Jane. I love Jane! :-)

Helena Jane (I love just Jane in the middle)
    Helena Charlotte Jane (I'm pronouncing Helena as Helen-uh)
    Helena Daphne Jane
    Helena Margot Jane
    Helena Ruby Jane
    Helena Violet Jane

Alice Amelia Jane
    Alice Victoria Jane

(The sss ending in Alice attaches to the first letter of the middle name, so I'd personally avoid combos like Alice Caroline or Alice Mirabel, which sound like "scare" and "smear" to me when I say them out loud. Also, any P middle, like Alice Penelope, will sound like "lisp" when Alice's sss sound attaches to the P.) :-)

Gloria Scarlett Jane
    Gloria Violet Jane

Good luck! :-)