Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: DH's list of names

Great list! I like Savanna(h) and Maya. My favorite is Mira but I prefer it as a nickname for Miranda.

I would go with Miriam Annabelle!

Miriam can be shortened to Mia or Mira (both on his list), or Mimi. And Annabelle is just so pretty, and leaves you with additional nn options of Anna or Belle (if you get tired of all the nn options of Miriam).

Miriam Annabelle is a very sophisticated classic name with lots of girly nn options, and I think it's just a great fit. All around, I think it's perfect because it incorporates a lot of the elements of the different names on your list, without being overly popular, and it provides for lots of options for your daughter.
    Mom of one daughter, age 2, and name-enthusiast

Of the names listed, I like the following...

Mia- I love this name, but I fear its getting pretty popular. Also, I don't like the meaning very much.

Isla- So beautiful!

Sophie- Also popular, but it's so classic and pretty that if you both love it, I'd say use it anyway. Plus, I love that it means "wisdom."

Mira- this is by far my favorite of all your names. It's got so much personality!

Annabelle- my second favorite. Absolutely beautiful. If you don't decide to use this name for the first name, I think it could also be a great middle name.

Savanna- I really like this, but not nearly as much as some of your other choices (Mira, Annabelle, Isla).

Thanks for all your great comments!!

I love the idea of Miriam Annabelle with those nicknames. He won't go for it though.

Here are my fave from his list with the addition of Annelise and Gianna from my list:

Gemma
    Isla
    Sophie-Anne (popularity does bother me, but I'm trying to suck it up)
    Annelise
    Gianna
    Maya

What about Mirabelle Annelise or Sophie Annelise (Sophie-Anne)?

Quote Originally Posted by shanapops
    ooooo...I really like both of those! Annelise if one of my top three names though, so I am slightly biased:) Mirabelle Annelise is a bit of a mouthful, but I still really like it!