Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

twin girls Ernestina and Sylvestra!

My neighbor just had twin girls named Ernestina Rosalie Grace and Sylvestra Meagan Simone. The nns are Nettie and Sylvie, isn't it lovely? They join big sister Josephina, nn Jessie. Our family is very close to theirs, so we sort of brainstormed on names together. I know that Geraldina and Lorenza were on their list, as were Raphaela and Manuela. They have a very distinct taste in names, wouldn't you say? I love their names, how about you?

Re: twin girls Ernestina and Sylvestra!

Quote Originally Posted by lilacarose
    My neighbor just had twin girls named Ernestina Rosalie Grace and Sylvestra Meagan Simone. The nns are Nettie and Sylvie, isn't it lovely? They join big sister Josephina, nn Jessie. Our family is very close to theirs, so we sort of brainstormed on names together. I know that Geraldina and Lorenza were on their list, as were Raphaela and Manuela. They have a very distinct taste in names, wouldn't you say? I love their names, how about you?
    Distinct, yes. Do I love them? Absolutely not. The nicknames are cute though. They seem to really love feminized male names, which are okay is small doses (my favourites being Josephine, Georgia, Alexandra) but their choice I didn't really care for, although I like Josephina and mn Rosalie.

What lovely naming style they have! While I am not particularly fond of the specific names that they picked, I appreciate the vintage, eccentric style. Nettie and Sylvie are adorable nicknames, although personally I prefer Sylvia to Sylvestra. I absolutely adore Josephina, too, and Raphaela (one of my sons is named Raphael).

nick names are cute but the full name is really horrible.

I agree, as a name nerd, I love how they are using such vintage, unheard of names. But as a sane mother, I would never use those, nor do I recommend it. I adore Ernest for a boy though. Sylvester for a boy might be another interesting choice.