Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Annelise Gianna??

Hi! I know a Gianna who pronounces her name as "John-uh," with two syllables. so Annelise Gianna didn't sound "anne" heavy to me. (Then again, I may be mispronouncing Gianna...)

Good luck! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by elle
    I think it's nice. The -a at the end actually makes it easier for the words to roll.

Gianna is Italian for Jane, but Gian is John. So don't lop off the -na without making sure you understand what that does to the name!
    The only Gian I know is the famous Olympic swimmer from Australia and she is named Gian Rooney.
    Psalm 23

too many NN with both names together.

Quote Originally Posted by shanapops
    Our two top names are:

Annelise and Gianna

I'd love to use them both, but the "anne/a" in both of them seems redundant to me. Is it too much to have a little girl named

Annelise Gianna??

It'd be an easy way to use both our top names without having to decide.
    I love the name Annelise, but I have to say that the "anna" in Gianna is just too similar. I would go with something else.

Hm, I was thinking in Italian about the pronunciation. More like what someone posted about "John-uh." Otherwise it may be a little repetitive as other people pointed out. I was thinking "ahn-nah leesah john uh." Sort of... hard/weird to type out phonetically.