View Poll Results: which way sounds better

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hope Beatrice

1 5.26%
  • Beatrice Hope

18 94.74%

Which sounds better?

Please tell me which way i should put the name!

Re: Which sounds better?

Hope Beatrice is kind of awkward for me to say. The p sound at the end of Hope and the B sound of Beatrice are similar, so I have to pause between them to say it properly. I also prefer Hope as a mn.

Quote Originally Posted by minkajoy
    Hope Beatrice is kind of awkward for me to say. The p sound at the end of Hope and the B sound of Beatrice are similar, so I have to pause between them to say it properly. I also prefer Hope as a mn.
    I agree. The P at the end of Hope gets lost. I don't really like Hope, but I think Beatrice is a great underused name. :)
    cordelia ~ jessamine ~ alice ~ louisa ~ maeve ~ julia ~ eloise ~ fiona ~ genevieve
    matthias ~ william ~ henry ~ finn ~ benjamin ~ frederick ~ leander

I think Hope Beatrice is better b/c when I say Beatrice Hope, the s- sound attaches to hope, and it begins to sound like her name is Soap!
    Be a tri Soap

What do you want to call your daughter? I think either order is good enough to use. It's got some sounds running together, but that shouldn't matter unless you are going to call her her full name all the time. I would pick which name you want her to go by. I think Beatrice Hope has a typical rhythm, like Madeline Rose, Josephine Claire, with the one-syllable easy middle name. I am liking short first names with longer middle names lately. Hope Beatrice. Grace Katherine, June Eleanor, that sort of rhythm. If you agree that the sounds run together, choose one you want to call her for the first and pick another middle name.

If your last name is one syllable, that may not be right. Hope Klein, Hope James, etc., may sound too short, and if you say Hope with your last name, see if it doesn't make an awkward short sentence or word, like Hope Lester (hopeless), Hope Fulton (hopeful - it's positive, a little too cute, or maybe just the right amount), Hope Isforthebirds (well, you get the idea). That would be my only caution for Hope being the first name instead of the middle. You probably already made sure this was not an issue.