Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Sister for Adelaide Elizabeth?

What about Isla Augustine? I think it actually flows pretty well and flows better than Isla August. I think Augustine also sounds more feminine than August. Or are you set on August for the middle, no variations of it?

Our first born is named Adelaide and our second is named Aila (same pronounciation as Isla). We obviously liked both and thought they went well enough as a sibset. My husband's heritage is Finnish, which is partly why we went with the Aila spelling rather than the Isla spelling. We also liked the meaning better. Either way, I think the sound of the name is very pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by bb2duesoon
    What about Isla Augustine? I think it actually flows pretty well and flows better than Isla August. I think Augustine also sounds more feminine than August. Or are you set on August for the middle, no variations of it?

Our first born is named Adelaide and our second is named Aila (same pronounciation as Isla). We obviously liked both and thought they went well enough as a sibset. My husband's heritage is Finnish, which is partly why we went with the Aila spelling rather than the Isla spelling. We also liked the meaning better. Either way, I think the sound of the name is very pretty.
    bbduesoon: What a strange coincidence! I guess we've hit upon a name that Adelaide-minded people like :) Part of the reason Isla appeals to me is my Scottish heritage. My husband pointed out that with our Norwegian last name, our daughters and yours may truely have similar names. I will take Augustine into consideration, thank you. Our last name starts with an S, so that has to come into play too.

I do like the names Isla and August (for a middle). I suggested some alternatives before but didn't realize it seemed that I didn't like Isla. Isla August is not the best flow but it is only because of the back-to-back A's. I personally don't mind a slightly awkward flow because of the signficance of the middle name to you. I don't think that Isla August is terribly difficult to say. Isla Augustine as suggested is nice as well, with the added benefit that it eliminates the two syllable names back to back. Is your last name also two syllables? If so, that would lead me to use Augustine but again, because of the family significance, a little awkwardness of flow would be forgiven imo.

I think Annabelle August is adorable :)