Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Sister for Phoebe

My favorites are Margo and Helena. Jeanne goes with both; Eugenie could also work with Margo but not as good a flow with Helena.

Margo - while I LOVE the name Margo, I think it is quite similar to Margaret so I can see how it would bother you if there are same-age babies in the same circle. While Margaret has a lot of nns, Margot only really has Margie, which is similar to Maggie.
    Sybil - I just don't like the sound of Sybil, sorry!
    Helena - I also really like Helen. I like Helena, but there are quite a few options for pronunciation. To me the classic Helen may be a good answer.
    Blythe - LOVE LOVE. Although it doesn't link overtly to Phoebe, to me they share the same spirit of good cheer. They're both such happy names. Plus, they're both just starting to sound fresh again. I think this is definitely your best option. Phoebe and Blythe. So pretty!
    Sylvia - This is the name I was going to suggest when I first read your post before I saw your shortlist. I think it goes brilliantly with Phoebe.

I would vote for Blythe, Sylvia and Margot in that order.

I love Margo, and, as I said, it was always what I had planned on. For some reason, Maggie is THE hot name right now among my friends. I know of four women in my circle who were hoping each other wouldn't have a girl so they could use it. So I don't want Margo to seem run-of-the-mill. Also, I just can't get to love any of the spellings. Margo looks a bit incomplete, Margot looks like, sorry!, maggot to me. =(
    Sybil seems to have the least support here. I understand that, but something about it appeals to me. It really pops with the LN.
    Helena is probably more flowery than my usual tastes. I prefer Hel-in-a. I would hate to be correcting pronunciations all the time, but plain Helen is a bit too rhyme-y with my last name.
    Blythe I love. Simple and clean. Nameberry freaks me out with the "could be the next Brooke" prediction. WHAT?!
    Sylvia is beautiful. I love the meaning. The only problem is that I live in a border state and it is more common among the Hispanic population, meaning there are more young Sylvia's around than one would suppose.
    I am such an agonizer!!

Margo - so cute

Sybil - I don't like Sybil that much. I don't know why, I just never liked it. It makes me think of the word syllable.

Helena - Love Helena! Also love Eleni, the Greek form of Helen.

Blythe - I tend to go for randomness. I think Phoebe and Blythe are darling together.

Sylvia - I used to love this name until one of the posters shared that to her the name Sylvia looks like the word saliva. Now I prefer Sylvie.

Middle name will be for DH's grandmother, as Jane came from mine. Therefore, I could go with Jeanne or Eugenie, depending on the flow with the first name. - Jeanne and Eugenie or lovely names.

Other no-nonsense names to go with Phoebe (Phoebe is one of my favorite names!):
    Ardith
    Camille
    Carys
    Daphne - kind of matchy, but I love it.
    Delphine - nn Della
    Edith - nn Edie
    Frances
    Gemma
    Hope
    Irene - Greek, means peace, so lovely and underused.
    Iris - the Greek goddess of the rainbow! If it were me, I might choose this one!
    Julia
    Maeve
    Melina - a Greek name
    Nora
    Olive
    Willa

I love Phoebe Jane so much! :-)

Margo: I really love it, and think it's great with Phoebe!

Sybil: Because I think of Sally Field's character in the movie Sybil, I like some of the other names more. (I'm sorry!) :-( It's a great name, and I really need to attach it to a new association.

Helena: I love Helena, and think it's wonderful with Phoebe. You could call her Nell for short. :-)

Blythe: I love Blythe, but can better see some of the other names with Phoebe.

Sylvia: I like some of your other names more...

I'm voting for Margo or Helena. :-)

More you may like:

Annabel
    Alice
    Cora
    Clementine (nn Cleo)
    Claudia
    Eleanor/Eleanora
    Eliza
    Eloise
    Georgia/Georgina
    Hazel