Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sister for Phoebe

Thinking of names for Phoebe Jane's sister. I like classic names that are not overused. I love Phoebe's name but I think I am looking to go a bit more unusual this time. That said, flowery and fanciful doesn't usually appeal to me. I tend to like more no-nonsense, if you know what I mean. Here's what I've got.

Margo (this was long thought to be the ONE. Now, I am wondering if it sounds fresh enough, esp. since a recent spate of Margarets and Maggies in my circle.)

Sybil (this might be my new fave. We have a two syllable last name starting with S, and I have always liked alliterative names. Also like the Greek origin sharing with Phoebe. And this definitely fits the bill for not running into other same-named babies at the supermarket!)

Helena (Great grandmother is Helen, so that's nice. Don't like the upward trending that seems to be going on.)

Blythe (Love the name, don't know how I feel about it with Phoebe. Seems kind of random.)

Sylvia (This was considered when we named Phoebe. I like it some days better than others.)

Middle name will be for DH's grandmother, as Jane came from mine. Therefore, I could go with Jeanne or Eugenie, depending on the flow with the first name.

What do you think?

Re: Sister for Phoebe

Quote Originally Posted by phoebesmom
    Thinking of names for Phoebe Jane's sister. I like classic names that are not overused. I love Phoebe's name but I think I am looking to go a bit more unusual this time. That said, flowery and fanciful doesn't usually appeal to me. I tend to like more no-nonsense, if you know what I mean. Here's what I've got.

Margo (this was long thought to be the ONE. Now, I am wondering if it sounds fresh enough, esp. since a recent spate of Margarets and Maggies in my circle.)

Sybil (this might be my new fave. We have a two syllable last name starting with S, and I have always liked alliterative names. Also like the Greek origin sharing with Phoebe. And this definitely fits the bill for not running into other same-named babies at the supermarket!)

Helena (Great grandmother is Helen, so that's nice. Don't like the upward trending that seems to be going on.)

Blythe (Love the name, don't know how I feel about it with Phoebe. Seems kind of random.)

Sylvia (This was considered when we named Phoebe. I like it some days better than others.)

Middle name will be for DH's grandmother, as Jane came from mine. Therefore, I could go with Jeanne or Eugenie, depending on the flow with the first name.

What do you think?

Helena and Margo are beautiful and sound the best with Phoebe in my opinion.

I am IN LOVE with the name Margo. My vote is definitely Margo Jeanne!

Psalm 23

Sybil Eugenie sounds really cute to me. It reminds me of the child actress Sybil Jason from the 1930s.