Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Still struggling...

Lucia is the clear winner here!

It's the nicest of all the names on your list, as you can see by all the comments. It has the strongest personal connection to you. And the only problem you've identified is pronunciation, but the pronunciation you prefer is clearly the most convential pronunciation of the name, and most of the time she will introduce herself aloud and not on paper, so it will be rare that people will have the opportunity to mis-pronounce it (also, it is the kind of name that when heard aloud, I can't imagine anyone not knowing how to spell).

The other names just can't compete - Alexandra is nice, but it's not as distinct or pretty as Lucia, and there's that annoying association you have with it that will probably nag at you.
    Elliott is a fabulous boy's name (or a VERY trendy girl's name, bound to feel dated by the time she is an adult) and Ellie is just not special (it's no Lucy).

Rowan is a fine name, not really my style so I don't know how well I can comment on it. I will say this though: Rowan Marie just sounds odd, or as if Marie were just filler. Lucia Marie on the other hand sounds perfect together and quite harmonious (though I might consider Lucia Maria if I were you).
    Mom of one daughter, age 2, and name-enthusiast

I say Lucia! And i pronounce is Lu-see-a. I think its a veru gorgeous name!

Lucia Marie (Lou-sha)- when i see this name i pronounce it lou see ah, so yes there may be issues with that but if she will go primarily by Lucy there is not much of a problem. this is my fav choice.

Alexandra Marie nn Andie- i too feel that alexandra is over used and do NOT like the nn andie for either sex. I am also not a fan of nn just for the sake of them.

Elliott Marie- You cannot avoid the nn ellie with this name. Also not a fan of unisex nmes.

Rowan Marie nn Remi-?????? im so confused by the nn remi. I have a male friend named Remington nn Remi and i like it. Maybe you should keep this for a future boy.

I am voting for Lucia too! It is beautiful and by far my favourite of your choices. I would pn it Loo- see- ah. However, what people will do in practice is ask you how you pn it or you can just correct them. How about Lucia Rowan?
    Good luck with delivery :)

Quote Originally Posted by erinpurple
    Quote Originally Posted by ellen_b
    Quote Originally Posted by ricamaca
    Lucia is my very favorite of your choices, with Alexandra following closely.
    Good Luck! :)
    My thoughts exactly!
    Lou-See-Ah is what I would say in the US.
    Thanks ladies... Can I ask how you would first pronounce Lucia when reading it?