Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Still struggling...

Quote Originally Posted by erinpurple
    Quote Originally Posted by ellen_b
    Quote Originally Posted by ricamaca
    Lucia is my very favorite of your choices, with Alexandra following closely.
    Good Luck! :)
    My thoughts exactly!

Thanks ladies... Can I ask how you would first pronounce Lucia when reading it?

I would say Lou-sha...but I'm Italian :)

I asked my hubby and he said Lu see ah

I love the name Andie, but I think Alexandra is overused and doesn't really go with the nn Andie. How about just using Andie as the name? I feel the same way about Remi. My friend has a daughter with that name, and I think it's beautiful. Rowan is nice, too, but I don't get Remi as the nn for it. Elliot for a girl is original and you could use some cute feminine nicknames with it. Lucia is my least fave. Maybe you just need to meet this beautiful little girl and decide which of these names fits her best?

Definitely Lucia...although there will be the pronounciation problems. I think the majority of americans will say "lo-see-ah", but once she tells them the proper way it shouldn't be hard to remember.

I would say Loo-sha but we might not be representative on this board. My thoughts, for what they're worth:
    Lucia - lovely meaning for you and in general. You have to decide if you will be bothered by correcting people's pronunciations; some people don't care but it would bother me.
    Alexandra - ok. personally, I don't like how it sounds like a boys' name the whole time you're saying it until the very end when you say -uh instead of -er. But that might just be me. I like the idea of using Andie as a nn for your grandfather but I would prefer to wait and use Anderson or use Andrea for a girl instead.
    Elliott - I agree with you that using this solidly boys' name for a girl is trendy and cheapens it a little bit. Especially if you don't like nickname Ellie which may be hard to avoid.
    Rowan - I like this unisex name and love nn Remi for it. I don't have any problems when nicknames do not seem totally linked to the given name. Andie isn't the first thing people think of for Alexandra either (or probably even the second). I think this is a nice fit for you!