Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: What if you had another sibling?

Me: Ann Leigh (Annie)
    Sister: Margaret Jane (Maggie)

Imaginary Sister: Frances Bea (Frankie)
    Imaginary Brother: Roy Bernard

I know for a fact that Roy would have been the name for my sister or I if we had been boys. (I just picked a random family name as a middle.) Frances is the name of a my mother's grandmother. And my mom chose my sister's name because it sounded good with Annie, and I think Frankie fits. Bea is another family name.

I'm pretty sure my mother's requirements for names were:
    1. Has a cute nickname.
    2. Is a family name.
    3. Goes well with Annie.
    4. Has a one syllable name in there somewhere.

ME: Lauren Elyse

BROTHER: Benjamin Alexander "Ben"
    SISTER: Sarah Price

My mom always said that she wanted to name me Maggie Simone, so I suppose that would be my other girl name. It might have to be Margaret, as none of us have nickname names. For a boy, they never thought of another boy name, but they mentioned that, when deciding my older brother's name, they bounced around Alex (his MN), Ben (his name), Sam, and Max. Because my sister has a name starting with S, I'll pick Max. I can't picture my parents using Maximilian, so we'll have to go with Maxwell. Maxwell James, to honor my dad, might be an option, or Maxwell Joseph, to honor family.
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

My sibs:
    Boris
    German
    Victoria
    Nelly
    Evgeni
    Zoya & me, Anja

While it is unlikely that my parents would have wanted another kid, they liked classic Russian names, and I know that my mother always loved the name Anatoly for a boy, but my father didn't. They may have chosen this for another boy. While I'm not sure if they took this into consideration, all of my siblings and I have different first-letters, so they may have chosen something like Dmitri.

For a girl, its more difficult, because my sisters and I have sort of disconnected names. Anja and Victoria are similar and more common, while Zoya and Nelly (especially Nelly) are a bit different. So, if they went more traditional, they might have ended up with a little Irina. Or, if they wanted something a little more uncommon, maybe Klavdiya or Faina.

Me: Anamarie Tacy
    Brother #1 Edward Crain
    Brother #2 Douglas Karl Joseph
    Imaginary brother: Campbell
    Imaginary sister: Rosalie
    Im not sure about middle names

My mom said if my little brother would have been a girl he would have been Destiny, so im sure had i had another sister her name would have been Destiny, and my brothers alternitive names were Andrew and Collin. And i was going to be Michael if i was a boy.