Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Re: I give up - I'm not naming my daughter! Do you want to?

My husband and I have been talking names this morning and going through these lists - What do you think of "Adela" as a sister to Sophie? With possible mn's Pilar, Karina, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by candy_kay
    My husband and I have been talking names this morning and going through these lists - What do you think of "Adela" as a sister to Sophie? With possible mn's Pilar, Karina, maybe?
    I think Adela is gorgeous both on its own and as a sibset with Sophie. Adela Pilar is so pretty!
    cordelia ~ jessamine ~ alice ~ louisa ~ maeve ~ julia ~ eloise ~ fiona ~ genevieve
    matthias ~ william ~ henry ~ finn ~ benjamin ~ frederick ~ leander

Quote Originally Posted by candy_kay
    Adela Pilar is pretty, though I'm not in love with Pilar's sound.

I thought you wanted something more common for a first name and then something more interesting with a good meaning for the middle name? I was doing some thinking, and I came up with Alanna Beatriz, with Alanna meaning "little child" and Beatriz meaning "bringer of joy." I thought that was really beautiful, and Sophie and Alanna are a cute pair! I also thought Isabel ("God is my oath") would be very pretty with Sophie, and Isabel Amora ("love") or Isabel Chiquita ("little girl") would be very cute with Sophie Esperanza.

Best of luck!
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

My first thought was my new favorite name, Elina. Or Alina or Elena. It's got that international quality and I think sounds beautiful with Sophie.
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

I just want to say thanks again for all the suggestions. You have helped more than you know! And there are some great suggestions we just can't use - Lucy, any form of Isabel or Julia/et, for example - due to people who are close to us (but not that we'd want to name a child after!).

I think I have let go of Layla - my husband's picky-ness aside, I am afraid I would NEVER get the song out of my head. I wish I was kidding, but it has seriously been in my head for over a week and it's starting to wear on me...

We are liking Elena and Adela. I like Clara, but DH insists it's not as pretty in Spanish. I especially love the suggestions of Sara, Laura, and Beatriz, as we hadn't considered any of those names. There are so many on-target suggestions that I will be referencing this thread often as we decide. More suggestions are welcome, too! This has been incredibly helpful! THANK YOU!