Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: I give up - I'm not naming my daughter! Do you want to?

Vote for Scarlett Mahealani as Gerber Baby 2012! Help my berry win a college scholarship C: Voting begins Sept 4th!

Here's the link to vote, I'd really appreciate it. Thank you! https://apps.facebook.com/gerberps/d...nt=your_entry1

cordelia ~ jessamine ~ alice ~ louisa ~ maeve ~ julia ~ eloise ~ fiona ~ genevieve
    matthias ~ william ~ henry ~ finn ~ benjamin ~ frederick ~ leander

Marina
    Martina (nn Marti)
    Mariana
    Marlena/Marlene (nn Marley or Lena)
    Catalina (nn Cate, Cat or Lina)

(I like girl names that start with Mar... can you tell?!)

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by candy_kay
    I am the epitome of a crazy pregnant woman these days, and this name thing is not helping!!! Originally I had liked the name Layla, but there are spelling issues since my husband's family speaks Spanish. I don't like Leila because I have read post after post on the internet of the name being mispronounced and I'd rather not deal with that. He contends that his family won't know what to do with "Layla", so I am afraid we will have to scrap it. Will you help? I am very open to suggestions!!!

My older DD is Sophie Esperanza and I love her name - here's why: I love the international/multi-cultural appeal of Sophie and I love that Esperanza is clearly a Spanish name and has a great meaning. This is the type of combination I am looking for for DD #2. Our last name ends in -ia, so there aren't a lot of -ia names that will work with it without sounding sing songy.

I'm really giving up. Maybe your name suggestions will inspire me? TIA...
    I'm sorry you're having trouble thinking of a name. Here are some ideas to go with Sophie Esperanza which is such a lovely name!

Anna Graciela - both Anna and Graciela mean "grace" so this name combo is a double scoop of grace.
    Bianca Lourdes
    Gemma Catalina
    Julia
    Paloma
    not finished - just saving what I've already written.

I'm sorry this situation is causing you so much stress :-(

The only Sophie I know has an older sister named Charlotte, but I'm not thinking that is the name you are looking for. Here are some I'd pair with Sophie...

Anna
    Alana
    Cara
    Clara
    Emma
    Estee
    Eliana
    Giselle
    Hannah
    Isla
    Jenna
    Jada
    Lucy
    Lana
    Mara
    Maia
    Nina
    Nena
    Rosa
    Sara
    Tessa

Do any of these appeal to you?

Here are some Spanish middle names:

Adabella - "lovely"
    Catalina - "pure"
    Dorotea - "gift of God"
    Graciela - "grace"

My favorites with Sophie Esperanza (Sophie, "wisdom," and Esperanza, "hope") are:

Cara Dorotea (Cara, "dear," and Dorotea, "gift of God") - The only problem here is there are a lot of A sounds, especially with your last name!

Giselle Catalina (Giselle, "pledge," and Catalina, "pure") - The name Giselle is slightly more unique than Sophie, so I don't know if you will like that...

Lucy Adabella (Lucy, "light," and Adabella, "lovely") - This is my absolute favorite first name with Sophie. Lucy and Sophie have the same modern feel with classic elegance and feminine simplicity. I also like how Lucy has an ending that will work well with your last name. I love it! You could pair it with any Spanish middle name of significance to you...

Best of luck!
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude