Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I give up - I'm not naming my daughter! Do you want to?

I am the epitome of a crazy pregnant woman these days, and this name thing is not helping!!! Originally I had liked the name Layla, but there are spelling issues since my husband's family speaks Spanish. I don't like Leila because I have read post after post on the internet of the name being mispronounced and I'd rather not deal with that. He contends that his family won't know what to do with "Layla", so I am afraid we will have to scrap it. Will you help? I am very open to suggestions!!!

My older DD is Sophie Esperanza and I love her name - here's why: I love the international/multi-cultural appeal of Sophie and I love that Esperanza is clearly a Spanish name and has a great meaning. This is the type of combination I am looking for for DD #2. Our last name ends in -ia, so there aren't a lot of -ia names that will work with it without sounding sing songy.

I'm really giving up. Maybe your name suggestions will inspire me? TIA...

Re: I give up - I'm not naming my daughter! Do you want to?

Of Rica's suggestions, I think Rosa, Julia, Bianca and Eliana are beautiful with Sophie. I love Natalia as well.

Some middle names to go with these (sorry for the completely random choices. I wasn't sure of your naming style):

Rosa Emmeline
    Rosa Penelope
    Rosa Lorelei
    Rosa Sandrine
    Rosa Naomi
    Rosa Mirabel/le

Julia Esmeralda (too close to Esperanza?)
    Julia Rachelle
    Julia Elisabeth
    Julia Tiziana

Biana Eleanora
    Bianca Letizia
    Bianca Lilliana
    Bianca Genevieve
    Bianca Carmen

Eliana Rebecca
    Eliana Isabelle
    Eliana Estelle
    Eliana Lucrezia

I love Sophie Esperanza. Other names that I think could go with Sophie, and have an international flair are:
    Isadora
    Isabelle
    Carmen
    Flora
    Maribel
    Mila
    Maya
    Lola
    Lyra
    Lyla

As for middle names, when I first saw Esperanza I was immediately reminded of my "spanish name" in college - Milagros. (The entire spanish class was given spanish names to use instead of their real names.) Milagros in spanish means miracle. I think Graciana would be pretty too. Graciana means grace.