Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Has the name Joaquin been ruined for you too?

Has anyone seen what Joaquin Phoenix is up to these days? ie. rapping, growing a mangy beard, his scene on Letterman? I can't take the name Joaquin seriously anymore.

Re: Has the name Joaquin been ruined for you too?

Oh, that's too bad about Joaquin Phoenix. My kids have been telling me about his behavior and appearance lately. I hope he is okay and gets help if he needs it.
    It's true that the name Joaquin is so associated with Joaquin Phoenix that I always associate that name with him. But I loved Joaquin Phoenix in "Walk the Line".

Yeah me too...great movie. I hope things turn out for him. He's a good actor.

Quote Originally Posted by susan
    Oh, that's too bad about Joaquin Phoenix. My kids have been telling me about his behavior and appearance lately. I hope he is okay and gets help if he needs it.
    It's true that the name Joaquin is so associated with Joaquin Phoenix that I always associate that name with him. But I loved Joaquin Phoenix in "Walk the Line".

I watched his interview with David Letterman on YouTube. I think it's all a hoax. Joaquin seemed like he was working a little too hard at being odd. He had a little gleam in his eye that looked like he was concentrating. His shoulders look focused, too. Not like someone on a lot of drugs. I think he's putting on a show. Plus David Letterman looked like he was laughing with Joaquin, not at him. He looked too happy. I think he would have looked really sad if he knew that Joaquin was in trouble.

Is he really that much of a deal? I barely ever heard of him, yes I saw his "change" (not really sure what he did before that). When I think of Joaquin, I think of Kelly Ripa using it, and that didn't ruin it for me (I don't know if I love her or hate her). I could say I hadn't even given this name a lot of thought before. I think Joaquin is a cute and quirky name that hasn't been ruined unless you are really absorbed into scandal and Hollywood gossip - and even then, what is really the scandal here? Plus it is really old news (last winter, I think?) I guess he is not going back the way you want him.

Is the name River tainted? The only person I ever heard of named River died young, on the sidewalk, of a heroin overdose. Don't forget that he was some kind of weird guy from a weird family. I'd cut JP some slack, find another name if you don't like him.

Here's an interview done in February when he made his announcement:
    http://www.cinemablend.com/new.php?id=11992

He seems serious and not crazy. He's just doing what he likes more than making movies. Haven't heard about it or any of his new projects since February.