Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Oliver James, Ellery Mae & ?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Beckett Elizabeth

2 3.64%
  • Violet Elizabeth

18 32.73%
  • Marlowe Elizabeth

14 25.45%
  • Ivy Elizabeth

6 10.91%
  • Beatrice Elizabeth

1 1.82%
  • Daphne Elizabeth

9 16.36%
  • Jane Elizabeth

1 1.82%
  • Harriet Elizabeth

4 7.27%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Sleepless nights - I need a name!!!!!

Beckett Elizabeth: Too boyish for my tastes.
    Violet Elizabeth: Lovely. I could certainly see this working. It would be my second pick of your list.
    Marlowe Elizabeth: This spelling makes me think boy, too. I realize that many people will disagree, but I'm just not a fan.
    Ivy Elizabeth: I love it, but when I said it with Ellery, for some reason it reminded me of the song Ebony & Ivory. That bumps this to fourth place for me.
    Beatrice Elizabeth: I love Beatrice and think that it would work well with Oliver, although not quite as well with Ellery. Third place finish.
    Daphne Elizabeth: I think that this one works really well. It's a little quirky like Ellery but not over the top, just enough to have personality. It sounds adorable with your other children. This would be my first pick!
    Jane Elizabeth: I am a huge proponent of Jane, but Ellery kind of sticks out in that sibset.
    Harriet Elizabeth: Meh. It's okay, but I like some of your other options more.

It might just be me, but it bothers me that both Oliver James and Ellery Mae have three-syllable first names and one-syllable middle names, and then you have chosen Elizabeth (a gorgeous classic, yes) for this baby's middle name.

Beckett Elizabeth - Beckett isn't unisex in my opinion. It is a boy's name. So, this is out!

Violet Elizabeth - This is very pretty, and I like Oliver and Violet and Ellery and Violet! Again, the middle name issue bothers me, so I'd do Violet Bess or Violet Beth.

Marlowe Elizabeth - Marlowe just looks awkward to me, especially with the E on the end. It doesn't look pretty and cute to me, and I think I might prefer it on a dog. However, it fits the English surname bill of Ellery...

Ivy Elizabeth - This is very pretty, and I love that it has a vowel like Oliver and Ellery, but I don't like that it ends in the same sound as Ellery. Just my opinion...

Beatrice Elizabeth - This just doesn't fit with Ellery at all in my opinion. I'd say no to this.

Daphne Elizabeth - Completely different style to both Oliver and Ellery, so definitely out in my book!

Jane Elizabeth - I know a Jane Elizabeth, sibling to Sarah, William, and John, but I don't see "Plain Jane" with Ellery and Oliver, which, though vintage, has a spunk that Jane doesn't.

Harriet Elizabeth - Again, this next to the fresh Ellery would make me feel sad for the child called Harriet. No...

So, my favorite is Violet (but I'd do Violet Bess), but I'd maybe be okay with Ivy or Marlowe, but Marlowe would be a stretch for me. Have you considered Jocelyn?

Best wishes!
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

lemon - you got it. I'm NOT a fan of Elizabeth, I want it to be Bette or Bess for that exact reason. I love one syllable middle names. But Hubby will not budge. It is my grandmother's middle name and his nana's middle name (who just passed away a couple of months ago) so I can't fight him too much on this. I just keep bringing up the fact that one syllable middle names sound great with our picks ;O)

When I voted, it was a toss-up between Violet Elizabeth & Ivy Elizabeth. Such pretty names! While mulling them over, I realized both your other children's names start with vowels... so I voted for Ivy. It would sound extra nice with the other names... Oliver, Ellery, & Ivy.
    Mother of three teenagers: (1) Daniel Glen, (2) Timothy Austin, and (3) Rebecca Jane. All middle names honor family, with Jane used three generations in a row. (A second girl would have been Susanna Eve.

You know, Isabel is a form of Elizabeth, and it sounds excellent with Oliver and Ellery. It is another vowel name with three-syllables, and this spelling is not near as popular as Isabella (compare #2 to #96 - Oliver is #118 for another comparison). I don't know if you like this name, but you could do this, honor Elizabeth, and still use a one-syllable middle name for your daughter. I'd say Isabel Grace, Isabel Claire, and Isabel Rose are very pretty...

Let me know what you think, and good luck!
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude