Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nn Van full name?

Alot of people suggested Vaughn. I actually really like Vaughn. However is the Vaughn, Vaughan, or Vaughen spelling better? Im not a big fan of Donovan or Sullivan though...are there any other full name possiblities for Van?

Re: Nn Van full name?

Quote Originally Posted by devinjes
    Alot of people suggested Vaughn. I actually really like Vaughn. However is the Vaughn, Vaughan, or Vaughen spelling better? Im not a big fan of Donovan or Sullivan though...are there any other full name possiblities for Van?
    Evan or Evander come to mind as possible sources of a "Van" nickname.

Good luck! :-)

I like really simple and I think Von is better...because if you're going to call it that name then might as well just keep it that short. But I like the o opposed to the a because well it looks like the vehicle van...but as for the choice name I love Von, for sure.

Straight away I thought of Donovan. I know a great guy with this name.

Also one of my favourite names at the moment is Sullivan.

Either name could be shortened to 'van'

http://www.behindthename.com/name/vaughan

Behind the Names suggests Vaughn is the original spelling, and Vaughan is a variant. Vaughen looks weird and isn't listed at all. The page will go to the entry for Vaughan, which will link to Vaughn also. They are really both ok, but if you want the primary spelling and not the legitimate variant, VAUGHN. Nameberry seems to give them equal legitimacy and I think that it's a matter of preference. It's a familiar name, but he will probably be spelling it for people a lot.

I do prefer Donovan over Sullivan, but if you don't like either, I think Vaughn is also a good idea. Nameberry's entry for the name says it's a good alternative if you like Sean. I think Van is definitely only a nickname, but it's a pretty easy nickname, like Dan or Jack, slightly quirkier but not too "out there."

Evan is of course quite a lot more mainstream; I don't like Evander so much, it's the name of a boxer, it sounds quite referential to me, and aside from that, kind of trying too hard. Vance might be another option, means "marsh; fen," nice ways of saying "swamp" I think! I think Vance is otherwise close to Vince or Vincent that it won't seem too crazy. It has the short sound of one-syllable Van, but it's finished off into a complete name that doesn't sound like it's just a nickname, and may be easier to spell than Vaughn, if you like how it sounds.