Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WDYT of...

WDYT of...

Van? I really like this name and have for a while. Aside fromt he Van Wilder movie (which i dont honestly see as a problem for a baby because more then likely kids born now or in the next couple years wont see the movie). I like Van Michael. WDYT? I think that only looking at the first and middle it sounds kind of like a dutch last name, but with a last name on it woudl it be so bad?

Thanks for the help! Open to suggestions!

Re: WDYT of...

I like the sound of it, but I only think of the sizeable car when I see it and imagine some father saying "Get in the van, Van!" to his son and the appeal sort of fades...
    Hmmm..
    Van Michael sounds nice though... :)
    Åshild / Norwegian / 24 / Name Collector / Work: Daycare and the Library / Love to bake, read and listen to music

Emerence + Eulalie + Everild + Flora + Helena + Leonor + Louisa + Nimue + Ophelia + Rosalind
    Balthasar + Edmund + Emmanuel + Emrys + Ignatius + Isidor + Leonidas + Oberon + Valentine

Want to help me with my lists?
    GIRLS
    BOYS

Bloom + Blythe + Evening + Mercy + Vesper + Briar + Boone + Forest + Hawthorn + Prosper

haha well i never thought of that "Get in the van Van! lol

I think of it as a nickname for Sullivan or Donovan, but I don't think it feels very substantial on its own. Then again, I think that Vaughn sounds susbtantial, so I have to think about why Van feels flimsier in comparison to me....Hmmm....

Good luck! :-)

I agree with what they said:) Do you like Von? It's Norse and it means 'hope'.

-Charlie
    "Be the change that you wish to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

please check out my list!: http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9785307