Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Girl Names that should NEVER be used on Boys!

Ok i hear alot about unisex names, and mostly they can go nicelt either way. However i do think there are some names that are all girl, that get placed on boys. Such as...

Courtney
    Stacey
    Ashley

My mind just fried, go any more?

Re: Girl Names that should NEVER be used on Boys!

I know men called Courtney, Stacy and Ashley so they sound perfectly masculine to me. I think you'll find that a lot of unisex names that are mainly used for for girls, started off as boys names.

I'm sort of in the crusade for bringing boys names back from the unisex camp. It's so weird that even though they are considered unisex they are unusable for boys. Unisex seems to be a synonym for girls names now and an antonym for boys names.

Bring back the boys! (Sorry:)

-Charlie
    "Be the change that you wish to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

please check out my list!: http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9785307

I agree that unisex pretty much means, good for girls, ok for boys. I guess i dont know much about orgin. And i was raised in southern california, where its girl names for girls and tough names for boys. For me its totally weird to think about a boy named Coutney even though i know one. And a guy names Stacey even though i know one of those too becuase they are primarily girl names to me. However it hink Morgan, is onyl a male name. Not female.

Here in the UK, Ashley is far more popular for boys, and long may it continue to be so!

Well, they are all originally boys names... So I kind of disagree with you.

For example, there's a professional basketball player named Courtney, and it made me realize that the name Courtney could work pretty well for a boy. While I do know a few girls named Courtney, it's weird to hear it on a boy, but I actually do like it for a boy. Plus, Court is a masculine sounding nickname.
    Stacy I can imagine on a boy, although less than Courtney. Stacy makes me think of that one song, "Stacy's Mom" so I wouldn't want to use it anyway... haha.
    Ashley is all girl to me. Only because one of my very good friends, whom I've known since 1st grade, is named Ashley. There is also a little girl in my neighborhood named Ashley, and both of the Ashley's I know are blond, fun, talkative people. They are just the epitome of the name Ashley to me. So this one I can agree with you on.

But otherwise, I think that the only girl's name that shouldn't be used on a boy anymore is Madison. It's become so popular for girls, and one of my very good friends is named Madison, I just can't imagine a boy named Madison.