Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Middle name for Judah? Last name begins with S. Thanks.

I agree with Charlie about avoiding middle names beginning with vowels, because it creates an awkward flow to me. (The back-to-back vowel sounds may not bother you, though, and there's nothing wrong with that.) :-) I can better see Jude with Orion, though.

Judah Gabriel
    Judah Maxwell (unless your last name has two syllables)
    Judah Raphael
    Judah Samuel

In case you're also considering Jude:

Jude Alexander
    Jude Gabriel
    Jude Harrison
    Jude Oliver
    Jude William

Best wishes to you! :-)

Judah Gabriel is my favorite combination suggested so far. Have you considered Judah Ryan or Judah Brian in place of Judah Orion?

I don't know if this occurred to you yet, but then I also don't know if your last name begins with an S like and SSSSS sound or a SH or SCH sound or what - Judah's middle name will not normally be heard when spoken to or about, his name might sound like Judas with your last name. Most often we are called by our first name or first and last name in the practical context - if there is another Judah in his class, he would also be Judah S., sounds just like Judas.

It would sometimes be de-emphasized if your name actually started with a SH sound, which would also start with S, but you weren't specific. Judah is a great name, though, I would just be more careful if it's going to sound like Judas a lot of the time. I know someone was recently reconsidering Judah for this reason, although I don't know if the last name began with an S. I think Jude or Jonah would also lessen the effect. I think it is worth considering, and then decide whether or not that's a truly negative factor to you. I just felt that I had to mention it before you used it, and then if you found out too late, it would not have been caught in time. If it doesn't seem like that big a deal to you, at least you know beforehand.

Good luck!