Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sibling names for Jarod?

Hello. I have a 24 month old son named Jarod and expecting my second child on January 4th. My husband and I don't know if it's a boy or girl. We've settled on the name Phoebe for a girl. And considering Devin or Brendan for a boy, but not 100% sold. We also need middle name suggestions. Thanks.

Re: Sibling names for Jarod?

I've always liked the name Jared (I prefer this spelling, but I assume Jarod is pronounced the same and is simply a spelling variation). I don't think Devin or Brendan are anywhere near as handsome - they are much trendier and bound to feel dated by the time he grows up. They also don't have the same sophisticated feel. They are moreover being coopted as girls' names (though, I don't personally care for them as girls' names either). Jarod is a great name, strong yet soft, and I think you need a nice classic name with the same qualities.

Some suggestions:
    Elias
    Lucas
    Samuel
    Ephraim
    Abram
    Ezra

If you really like a name ending with n, some other possibilities are:
    Nathan
    Reuben
    Quentin (this is a great name that goes really well with Jarod. It also has a very similar sound to Devin)
    Byron
    Mom of one daughter, age 2, and name-enthusiast

*Mother to twins Charles and Samuel*

I actually like Brendan with Jarod but not so keen on Devin I must admit. Some suggestions:

Abel
    Asher
    Cohen
    Israel
    Isaac
    Levi
    Micah
    Simon
    Uriel

Phoebe is lovely with Jarod:)

Good Luck!

-Charlie
    "Be the change that you wish to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

please check out my list!: http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9785307

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm looking into Samuel, Oliver, Milo, Jonah and Isaac. They all flow well with Jarod. The other thing is, I don't want a name that's too popular. I was thinking of Ethan, but that is just too common. Any other ideas?