6 33.33%
  • Ready for revival

2 11.11%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sean

Sean

A friend of mine just used this for her newborn son. I'm on the fence. On the one hand, I grew up with a lot of Seans, so like Mark, Justin, David, Andrew or Jonathan it doesn't feel very fresh or interesting.

On the other hand, like those other names, it's a classic name, and it doesn't exactly feel dated. Plus, I've not met a baby Sean yet. So the more I think of it, it may strike that balance between classic and relatively unusual. My friend may, in fact, be ahead of a revival. Is Sean, along with his friend Mark, the next James?

I'll be interested to hear what you all think!

Re: Sean

I can definitely see it's appeal, it's short and sweet but friendly too and a name a boy can grow with. I have an uncle called Sean so it's hard for me to imagine it on a little boy but I think it might become popular again in the not too distant future...

What was his mn lamps?

-Charlie
    "Be the change that you wish to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

please check out my list!: http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9785307

I flat out dislike the spelling. Im to literal of a reader for names like this. Sean says seen in stead od shawn and stephen says stefan instead of steven. I feel this name to be very dated, not to mention my brother has a cat named Shawn. Haha, i dont think its terrible, i dont like the spelling but there are worse.

Quote Originally Posted by devinjes
    I flat out dislike the spelling. Im to literal of a reader for names like this. Sean says seen in stead od shawn and stephen says stefan instead of steven. I feel this name to be very dated, not to mention my brother has a cat named Shawn. Haha, i dont think its terrible, i dont like the spelling but there are worse.
    Sean is the original spelling. The name is Irish and any other spelling is just a variation.

-Charlie
    "Be the change that you wish to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

please check out my list!: http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9785307

Quote Originally Posted by charliehotsox
    I can definitely see it's appeal, it's short and sweet but friendly too and a name a boy can grow with. I have an uncle called Sean so it's hard for me to imagine it on a little boy but I think it might become popular again in the not too distant future...

What was his mn lamps?

-Charlie
    Charlie, his mn is Andrew (after his father).