Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My kids names! (:

Okay, I haven't had my babies yet, but I really wanted to talk to you all about all of my kids!

Firstly, the twins (soon to be known as the big twins :p), Winston Charles and Lucia Isabella. DH and I got married when we were 20, and about three months after our wedding, we found out I was pregnant. Even though twins run in our family, we really weren't expecting that our first children would be twins, but it was a good surprise, as I've always wanted a big family.
    After finding out they were g/b twins, we instantly knew what we were calling our boy. Winston is named after my hubby's best friend Winston who killed himself when we were sixteen :( We'd both always wanted to name a first son after him so that was a definite. His middle, Charles, was after a great grandfather, and we both loved the name.
    Lucia Isabella came from a name we both loved, Lucy, but as a name-freak I wanted to put a different spin on it, so Lucia it was. Isabella came from one of my lovely sisters, who I wanted to pay tribute to.

Just before the twin's second birthday, we found out I was pregnant again! This time, thankfully not twins (those of you with multiples will know how chaotic it is!). We discovered it was a girl and we wanted to pay tribute to DH's Irish heritage, thus Cassidy, as we loved the way it sounded and nickname potential (Cass, Cassie). Her middle name is Louise, for my other sister, and best friend, who both have the middle name Louise.

Finally, about 7 months ago (:p) we found out I was once again pregnant with twins, thankfully g/b, as much as I'd love to have twin girls, I wouldn't want Winston to be the only boy :p

The names we have decided on for the twins are:
    Oliver James (we both LOVE the name Oliver and the nn Oli is soooo cute! And James is DH's middle)
    and Cecelia Mirabel Grace (Cecelia is another name we both adore, Mirabel, I've discovered, fits for two of my great-grandmothers, Miriam and Belle, and Grace is for my sister-in-law, who's middle name is Grace.)

Your thoughts on our naming choices would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

Re: My kids names! (:

Congratulations!! And, what lovely name choices! In fact, I only have a few suggestions: since your other girls only have one middle name each, why not give Cecelia just one middle as well, or hyphenate (Cecelia Mirabel-Grace) to even things out? It's always a good idea to balance the number of names with siblings.
    Also, doesn't Cassidy seem like the odd one out with exotic Cecelia and Lucia? I don't think you should change the name Cecelia at all: but what about calling her by the cute nickname Celie?? That might even things out a bit.

Again, congratulations and good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by annie
    Congratulations!! And, what lovely name choices! In fact, I only have a few suggestions: since your other girls only have one middle name each, why not give Cecelia just one middle as well, or hyphenate (Cecelia Mirabel-Grace) to even things out? It's always a good idea to balance the number of names with siblings.
    Also, doesn't Cassidy seem like the odd one out with exotic Cecelia and Lucia? I don't think you should change the name Cecelia at all: but what about calling her by the cute nickname Celie?? That might even things out a bit.

Again, congratulations and good luck!!
    Thank you! :)
    Your suggestions, I'm not a fan of hyphenating much, but we were considering giving Cass and Lucie another middle name each, not sure what to give them though. We might try asking Luce but she will probably come up with something like Princess or Cinderella :p
    As for your other suggestion :) we were planning on nicknaming Cecelia something like Celie or Celia. :)

I have always loved the name Oliver James and Cecelia Grace! Great choices and good luck :)

Quote Originally Posted by alexisserene
    I have always loved the name Oliver James and Cecelia Grace! Great choices and good luck :)
    Thank you so much! :)