Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: which do you like best?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Milo

13 50.00%
  • Arthur

9 34.62%
  • Laszlo

4 15.38%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: possible names for an as yet to be conceived boy...

Quote Originally Posted by rachelmarie
    I voted for Milo, it's a great name.
    Arthur is nice too, but I don't see a little boy named Arthur.
    I agree with the others about Laszlo. While it's a good name, it is a bit too much. I don't know if you read Time magazine, but I can't help but think of the writer Joel Stein, who occasionally writes articles at the end of the magazine, but he and his wife recently named their son Laszlo. There was a really funny article about deciding about a name, so I can't help but think of that whenever I hear the name Laszlo...

Anyway, pardon the rant, Milo is a great choice. It's masculine and will age very well. Milo Arthur would actually be a nice combo.
    Rachel, thanks for that info! I think I remember him considering Laszlo, but I didn't realize that he ending up choosing it for his son.

Take care!

I went to law school with a Laszlo, and it suited him, so I have very positive associations with that name. However, it really depends on your last name, I think.

Augustin
    Calvin
    Charles
    Dashiell
    Dexter
    Everett
    Edward
    Felix
    Frederick
    George
    Henry
    Hugo
    Jasper
    Leo
    Miles
    Oliver
    Peter
    Simon
    Theodore
    Victor

Jill,
    I love your suggestions, especially Leo, Hugo, Jasper, and Simon...thank you! I am pretty sure we're going to go with Milo for a boy, but we're not even pregnant yet so we'll have plenty of time to change our minds and I want names in my pocket in case that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by km903
    I went to law school with a Laszlo, and it suited him, so I have very positive associations with that name. However, it really depends on your last name, I think.
    km903,
    Our last name is Hungarian (my dh is from Budapest) and Laszlo is a fairly common name in Hungary so it could work rather nicely. I also love that it's not too popular here and sounds somewhat exotic : )