Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: which do you like best?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Milo

13 50.00%
  • Arthur

9 34.62%
  • Laszlo

4 15.38%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

possible names for an as yet to be conceived boy...

Please pick one and let me know why : ) Further suggestions welcome!

Re: possible names for an as yet to be conceived boy...

Milo is my pick. It is spunky, masculine, fairly uncommon yet not unheard of, quirky, and casual, while still being sophisticated and strong. I'd pair it with a more traditional name, like Milo Benjamin, Milo Jonathan, Milo Charles, Milo Stephen, or Milo Thomas...

Arthur seems dated and too vintage to me, and I don't care for the nicknames Art or Artie, either. I envision a bellman at a trendy apartment building in the 1960s when I hear Arthur, to be honest! You may try Archer, Fletcher, or Oliver...

Laszlo (did I even spell this right?) is completely unfamiliar to me, and thus I cannot really judge its qualities. It looks more like the name of a place to me than the name of a child, though I realize that place names are trendy nowadays! Or maybe it is a surname name! Are we referencing Victor Laszlo in Casablanca, Laszlo of Doctor Who, the many Laszlos of science and math, the architect, the journalist, the painter, or OpenLaszlo, the Web applications design program? It just confuses me, so maybe it is best suited to be a middle name.
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

Arthur!

Laszlo is just too much. Sounds like a fairy tale prince. I wouldn't want to be a little boy at the playground with this name.

I know a lot of people love Milo, but I can not get behind it. I just don't see the appeal at all. It sounds like a dog's name.
    Mom of one daughter, age 2, and name-enthusiast

Hi! I voted for Milo, but I love Arthur, too! While I think that Lazslo is a very cool name, I agree with the previous poster who said that it's a bit too much. I think it would make a great middle, though!

You may also like:

Augustin
    Calvin
    Charles
    Dashiell
    Dexter
    Everett
    Edward
    Felix
    Frederick
    George
    Henry
    Hugo
    Jasper
    Leo
    Miles
    Oliver
    Peter
    Simon
    Theodore
    Victor

Good luck! :-)

I voted for Milo, it's a great name.
    Arthur is nice too, but I don't see a little boy named Arthur.
    I agree with the others about Laszlo. While it's a good name, it is a bit too much. I don't know if you read Time magazine, but I can't help but think of the writer Joel Stein, who occasionally writes articles at the end of the magazine, but he and his wife recently named their son Laszlo. There was a really funny article about deciding about a name, so I can't help but think of that whenever I hear the name Laszlo...

Anyway, pardon the rant, Milo is a great choice. It's masculine and will age very well. Milo Arthur would actually be a nice combo.