Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please don't tell me that Twilight will make Edward popular

With the crazy love of Twilight I'm seeing more and more babies named Edward for the first or middle name.

I'm not a fan of Edward or nay of the nicknames....do you think there will be a rise in this name due to Twilight???

Re: Please don't tell me that Twilight will make Edward popular

I would imagine that there would be a rise in popularity. I know a couple of "Twihards" who want to use the name and they're far from having children. I love the name, personally, but when I see it, Edward Cullen is the first thought in my head-- I don't think that's a good thing when looking at a child of your own! (I'm Team Edward, so I adore the vampire! =] ) But, Twilight aside, Edward is a very, very handsome name!

I think it probably is. I've heard that Isabella/Bella is getting much more popular too. I think there are nicer names in the books though. like Rosalie. But then again I really dislike the books so I'm glad none of my favourite names were used in them.

I've actually heard stories of a few teenage girls calling or wanting to call their kids renesmee.

I hate the idea of Edward becoming popular due to Twilight, because it's one of the few family names I love! :-) For some reason, I'm not as bothered by the popularity of boys' names as I am by the popularity of girls' names, but I'd hate for people to think I named my son after a vampire. (I still plan on using Edward, though.)

Have a good night! :-)

Oh i deffinantly think it willcause more children to be Edwards, as well as Bellas, Jakes, ect. Its a horrifing idea to me though:( In my opionon the twilight movies arnt good, the books were, but i mean people have become to obssessed with this franchise. I saw a women who got a whole twilight quote covering her entire back, so the level of obessesion is literally and unfortunatly endless.