Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Chaz

Re: Chaz

Quote Originally Posted by canadianne
    I think of it as a man's nn for Charles or Charlie. In the UK it would be used by the type of man who enjoys binge drinking and slapping women around. His mates would hold nicknames like Gaz, Baz, Fat Tony, Sketchy Pete, Daz, Dano, etc. Their girlfriends and daughters might have names like Chelsie, Chardonnay, Leanne, Chantelle, Courtney, Shazza, Brittany, Jade, Jordan, Kloe, Bobbie-lee or Destiny.

I would avoid Chaz :)
    Very funny Canadianne! This is pretty much my association with the name as well -- a little used car salesman or something . . . maybe where you live, it might be different. It also makes me think of Chas which is slightly better but to me, but very preppy, sort of snobby sounding.

Yes, I've still been thinking about this name. I think for Chester that Chet works as a nice nn, without the unwanted connection to used car salesmen and drunken lads :)

I don't like Chaz very much, actually. To be honest, I adore Chester! It's adorable, and I believe I played with a sweet little dog named Chester at the shelter which I helped at (but didn't work at). His name was either something close to Chester, or Chester. Can't remember xD But I'll always have that connection. <33 He was sweet, yet hyper and full of energy, and just the most darling dog you'd ever meet. (:
    icon by soaked @ lj.

favorites - girls:

Persephone, Titania, Clementine, Margaret.

favorites - boys:

Loup, Oisin, Henry, Clovis, Gideon.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianne
    I think of it as a man's nn for Charles or Charlie. In the UK it would be used by the type of man who enjoys binge drinking and slapping women around. His mates would hold nicknames like Gaz, Baz, Fat Tony, Sketchy Pete, Daz, Dano, etc. Their girlfriends and daughters might have names like Chelsie, Chardonnay, Leanne, Chantelle, Courtney, Shazza, Brittany, Jade, Jordan, Kloe, Bobbie-lee or Destiny.

I would avoid Chaz :)
    Thanks for the laugh, Canadianne! :-)

I think it's uber-preppy. In the US, that's been my impression of it.