Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaz

Chaz

am i weird for liking this name?
    it's a pretty cool name i think..
    from what i remember, i think it's a nn for Chester.. i can't see actually naming a child Chester though.. it's more like something i'd call a cat.. but Chaz just seems super cool!!
    Can Chaz stand on it's own?
    Is there another name it can be short for?
    what do you all think?

Re: Chaz

I think of Chaz as a nickname for Charles.

Like Pam and Linda wrote, it sounds really jazzy to me. I'm more of a Charlie person for Charles, but I think that Chaz sounds cool.

Good luck! :-)

It sounds similar to the name Chad, which you might like.

Unfortunately the only thing I saw when I read the title was 'chav', not really something a kid would want. Sorry!

Chuck is another nn for Charles if you're looking for those.

-Charlie
    "Be the change that you wish to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

please check out my list!: http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9785307

I think of it as a man's nn for Charles or Charlie. In the UK it would be used by the type of man who enjoys binge drinking and slapping women around. His mates would hold nicknames like Gaz, Baz, Fat Tony, Sketchy Pete, Daz, Dano, etc. Their girlfriends and daughters might have names like Chelsie, Chardonnay, Leanne, Chantelle, Courtney, Shazza, Brittany, Jade, Jordan, Kloe, Bobbie-lee or Destiny.

I would avoid Chaz :)

I recently started to really like Chaz and added it to my list of favorites. It is a nickname for Charles, but I think it stands on its own very nicely. (It can also be spelled Chas.) I like the name Chester as well. Personally, I don't think I would be brave enough to use Chester as a first name, but I would admire someone who does. I think it would also work as a middle name (but not with Chaz as the first name).