Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: Due in 1 week and fearing we've selected the wrong name.

Judah does remind me of Judas. But, I love the name Jude-it reminds me of Hey Jude by The Beatles & St.Jude
    Gee
    Mom to Noah

For a more carefree feel, Abel is one biblical option that I love that I think would be great with Isaiah.

Asher with its "happy" meaning is a good one.

Also, as someone suggested, Tobias with the nickname Toby has an upbeat, not-too-serious feel.

I like Barnaby for the same reason, or Finnian.
    Pam Satran
    Nameberry

I'm Christian and I don't associate Judah with Judas AT ALL. I know they have the same root, but Judah has wonderful associations for New Testament readers... Jesus being known as "The Lion of Judah."

Naming your child Judas would be another story, but I really think Judah is different enough that most people won't make the connection. And the one's that will would probably be aware enough to know the name has history far beyond Judas Iscariot.

Gorgeous name, but go with your gut!

Quote Originally Posted by salome
    I'm Christian and I don't associate Judah with Judas AT ALL. I know they have the same root, but Judah has wonderful associations for New Testament readers... Jesus being known as "The Lion of Judah."

Naming your child Judas would be another story, but I really think Judah is different enough that most people won't make the connection. And the one's that will would probably be aware enough to know the name has history far beyond Judas Iscariot.

Gorgeous name, but go with your gut!

Yup! Me too! :)

Jude is a lovely alternative. Love that it is linked to the Beatles song 'Hey Jude'
    Isaac is a good, strong bible name and has a cute meaning 'e will laugh'
    Malachi
    Nathan -probably my absolute favorite name ever, and I would use it if i didn't know two of them already.Love nn Nate