Names Searched Right Now:

just a question::

i love sibsets.. this is one i know and am particularly close to.. i love how well these names work together..
    what do you guys think?

Cassie Elaine
    Samantha Kate
    Rachael Keisha
    Cristal Grace

Re: just a question::

Cassie Elaine
    Samantha Kate
    Rachael Keisha
    Cristal Grace

I think Cassie, Samantha, and Rachael all work perfectly together! They are all names that remind me of those popular in the 1990s, and they just sound comfortable, familiar, and feminine without being flouncy.

The one that is really an oddball for me is Cristal. Is this pronounced like Crystal, or is it said like its namesake Champagne brand? Even though I honestly despise the name Crystal, I would've chosen it over Cristal, which really only makes me think of the champagne. Cristal doesn't seem as feminine and sweet as the other three sisters' names. But, it is her name, and I certainly don't mean to judge her rudely.

As far as middle names, Keisha doesn't seem to fit in with the more classic middle names of Elaine, Kate, and Grace. Kate and Grace are more filler middle names, whereas Elaine seems like it might have been family. Instead of Keisha, I would've used Rachael Anne or another of the typical middle names - Rose, Jane, May, etc.

Those are just my opinions! :-)
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

i'll tell you the story of those four sisters..
    they are some of my favorite people in the world..

Cassie Elaine - her mother wanted to call her Cassiopeia, her father wanted to call her Cassandra.. they compromised and agreed on just Cassie. (a little side note:: as an adult now, Cassie would have loved it if her mom had gotten her way and she'd been named Cassiopeia.. she's considering legally changing it.) You were absolutely correct when you said you thought Elaine was a family name.. just about every female relative on her father's side has the middle name Elaine.. it goes back for seven or eight generations..

Samantha Kate - mom and dad both fell in love with the name Samantha right after Cassie was born.. and there was no dispute about her first name. Kate is also a family name, she's named for her maternal grandmother. She goes by the nn Sami.. which is from a soap opera that she loved when she was a teenager.

Rachael Keisha - Mom insisted upon a biblical name which is how they came up with Rachael.. Dad wanted at least one of his children to share his initials since it wasn't looking like they were ever going to have a boy.. so the only K-name they could agree on was Keisha... which really doesn't fit with the others, but certainly suits her..

Cristal - is prn like Crystal.. she is named after her mother.. and her middle name was picked by her father.. a lot of people dislike the name Cristal.. but i always thought that Cristal Grace was such a beautiful name!!

Personally, i always thought that Cassie was the odd name out fo the group as Cristal, Samantha, and Rachael all seemed so popular.. i've only encountered one other Cassie.. and it was short for Cassandra..

anyway.. i never had any brothers or sisters.. these girls are my cousins.. i just always loved this group of names together..

Thanks for the stories! Those are really beautiful reasons for the names behind four lovely ladies!

I'll give you a sib-set to analyze, since you love them so much!

Caitlin Elizabeth
    Spenser Mary
    Sydney Hert
    Ross James

Three girls and a little boy!
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

I like Samantha Elaine most...