Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: WDYT of Sophie-Claire Isabella???

I agree with Rose that, who was it, Maggie (?), seems left out of the list because she has no hyphenated first name. I would say perhaps using Sophia Claire Victoria would be nice - use two middle names instead of a hyphenated first name.
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

When I say Sophie Claire out loud, I immediately hear the word "eclair." I'm also not feeling Isabella with the combo.

I also think that it would be a great idea to simply name her Sophie, with no hyphen.

Good luck! :-)

I like Sophie-Claire. I don't hear eclair at all - I would hear it more with an a ending like Audra Claire, but even then it wouldn't be enough to bother me. What kind of middle names do your other girls have? I agree with pp that the 4 syllable Isabella might be too long with Sophie-Claire. You could consider Sophie Claire as first and middle and call her both names. Or here are some other good middle options:
    Sophie-Claire Frances
    Sophie-Claire Louise
    Sophie-Claire Charlotte
    Sophie-Claire Mabel
    Sophie-Claire Camille
    Sophie-Claire Maya

My other girls' middle names are: Maggie D'Shea, Kelsey-Rose Soledad, Emma Addison Grace (She goes by Emma-Grace), Mary-Elizabeth Kate.

After thinking about many names I still love Sophie-Claire (It's my favorite). Maybe I should do a poll and see how many people really think it sounds like "Eclair"
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa