Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WDYT of Sophie-Claire Isabella???

I am expecting our 8th child (5th baby girl!!). We have 5 biological children plus two little boys that we adopted. Our children's names are : Maggie, Jonah, Kelsey-Rose, Emma-Grace, Mary-Elizabeth, Levi and Isaiah

Wondering what you think of the name Sophie-Claire Isabella for this baby (three of our girls have hyphenated first names, which hubby and I both like)?? We also considered Sophie-Claire Victoria, but I think I like Sophie-Claire Isabella better???
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa

Re: WDYT of Sophie-Claire Isabella???

I think Sophie-Claire is a great choice to go with your other girls' names. However, the 4-syllable Isabella might be a bit much with the double first name. I think Isabel would be better (or some other name with 2-3 syllables.)
    Good luck.

Isabel is very pretty as well! I hadn't thought of that, give me some other ideas... our last name ends with "ADA", short a sound.
    ~ "How can there be too many children? That is like saying there are too many flowers."~ Mother Teresa

Quote Originally Posted by joyfulmomto8
    Isabel is very pretty as well! I hadn't thought of that, give me some other ideas... our last name ends with "ADA", short a sound.
    Sophie-Claire is nice, but I just want to say that it sounds a bit like Eclair--as in the dessert. Isabella and Victoria are both nice middle names, but have you considered:
    Victoire
    Amelia
    Mireille
    Francesca
    Delphine
    Giselle
    Eliza
    Hazel
    Abigail
    Adeline or Adelina
    as middle names?

Also, what about using just one first name (Sophie and Claire are both lovely on their own), since only one of your girls has one name and she sort of seemed like the odd one out in the list--just a thought. Anyway, great names and good luck!

I have actually wondered if anyone thought it would sound like "Eclair"... DH isn't concerned about it, he said it is a "far stretch" but I am a bit....
    Have considered Sophie Claire, but DH really like Sophie-Claire...