Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: Sister for Anthony & Miranda

I understand your aunt not wanting to use two names with the same ending for her children, but I really don't think it is a big deal. I think that, in order to get a name that matches the femininity and style of Miranda, she may need to reconsider this.

Regan Celia is cute, but Celia Regan works much better with Miranda. Regan is a unisex name, whereas Miranda is very feminine and Anthony is very masculine.

As for Ariel, this name is Hebrew, so it won't have that Latin feel. Also, I really don't think Ariel captures the feminine elegance that Miranda's name has. In fact, I view it as rather childish (The Little Mermaid), and I would encourage you and Miranda to think further about this name. I'm also not fond of using the same letters to start names, and A has already been used for Anthony's name...

Adrienne is a Latin name, so that is a plus. However, it starts in an A, like Anthony. I like Adrienne, but I also don't think it is quite as pretty as Miranda. But, I do think it is a good option.

Phoebe is a really cute Greek name with a Shakespearean connection, so I love that! Is your aunt okay with not going with a three-syllable first name? If so, I think Phoebe Callista (Callista is a Greek name meaning "most beautiful") would be a very pretty name!

Constance sounds old and tired compared to the vibrant and sassy Miranda. I don't think it fits at all, personally. Sorry!

Audrey has been mentioned before, but I don't really love it with Miranda. They seem to have very different feels, with Audrey conjuring up a more classic image of Old Hollywood and Miranda feeling fresher and, well, Shakespearean. Audrey is also very popular!

Isabel is beautiful. This is my favorite spelling of the name, and I do agree that the three names flow beautifully together! Isabel Regan or Isabel Phoebe would be cute - if we use the names you already like. If not, I'd recommend another Spanish name for the middle, perhaps Isabel Reia ("queen"), Isabel Tea ("gift of God", pronounced TEY-uh), or Isabel Vita ("life").

Thus, from your limited list, my favorites are Isabel and Phoebe, but Adrienne is okay. I would eliminate Constance, Audrey, and Ariel. I would also reconsider Celia Regan.

Some more Latin names that do not end in A, and do not start with A or M:

Beatriz - "bringer of joy" (But Miranda hates Beatrice, right?)
    Caroline - "beautiful woman"
    Estelle - "star"
    Vivian - "alive"

My new favorites would be Anthony, Miranda, and Caroline or Anthony, Miranda, and Vivian. I like Estelle, but I don't know why it says it is a three-syllable name. It could be a pretty middle name! Good luck!
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

Auntie is IN LOVE with Isabel..

Miranda likes Isabel but is still dying to use Ariel.. lol.. she won't let it go..

how do you all feel about::
    Isabel Ariel
    Isabel Bianca
    Isabel Phoebe

any fresh mn suggestions for Isabel are welcome as well!
    thanks so much for all your help!!

I also love Isabel with Anthony and Miranda. It may not be Latin, but it certainly has that elegance and Shakespearean feel that your aunt is after! If you could please tell her not to call her Bella, I'd love your aunt forever - far too many Bella's in this world right now for my liking! :-)

Isabel Ariel - I do not at all care for the repetition of the -el ending in this name. I don't know how to get Miranda to drop Ariel from her list, but maybe ask her how she would feel as a grown woman having the name of a Disney princess? Hopefully, she will see that it does seem a bit silly. Perhaps you and your aunt could get Miranda a goldfish or something that she can name Ariel - good practice with responsibility or something!

Isabel Bianca - I don't think the repetition of the B sound is very nice in this name, though I do like a name ending in -a as the middle name...

Isabel Phoebe - I personally think Phoebe Isabel sounds much sweeter, but it would depend on the last name!

I take it these other suggestions weren't hits? Isabel Reia ("queen"), Isabel Tea ("gift of God", pronounced TEY-uh), or Isabel Vita ("life")...

Here are a few more...

Isabel Aria - "solo melody" - Italian - It's like Ariel, but better!
    Isabel Aimee - "beloved friend" - French - Nicole is French...
    Isabel Camille - "perfect" - French - Perfect? I'd say so!
    Isabel Jolie - "pretty" - French - There's Angelina to consider...
    Isabel Mireille - "admirable" - French - It's said "mee-RAY".
    Isabel Renee - "reborn" - French
    Isabel Charlotte - "free" - English - Robert is English!
    Isabel Georgia - "farmer" - English - Hmmm...

Other names I thought had nice meanings:

Isabel Mazal - "good fortune" - Hebrew - Not crazy about sound...
    Isabel Carys - "to love" - Welsh - Pronounced "KAH-riss".
    Isabel Freya - "goddess of love" - Scandinavian
    Isabel Siran - "sweet love" - Armenian - It's said "si-RAHN".
    Isabel Dora - "gift" - Greek - ...the Explorer?
    Isabel Matia - "gift of God" - Spanish - Pronounced "muh-TEE-uh".
    Isabel Shiloh - "His gift" - Hebrew - Shiloh Jolie-Pitt...
    Isabel Adelphie - "dearest sister" - Greek - Aww! But, it's long...
    Isabel Fausta - "lucky" - Italian - Not that cute, though...
    Isabel Sadiya - "lucky" - Arabic - Long, but pretty!

What do you think of those? Auntie? Miranda? :-)
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas

sorry it's taken me so long to get back on here..
    had quite a bit going on.. and i finally had time to take your list of suggestions to my Aunt and Miranda..
    btw.. we finally got Miranda off Ariel.. by giving her a kitten.. named Ariel.. ooh that was a clever suggestion!! thank you so much!!
    anyway.. here are our thoughts on your names::

Isabel Aria - actually, i prefer Ariel to Aria.. and in any case.. we don't have to worry about Miranda's feelings anymore regarding that name. It's pretty, but Auntie didn't like it so much.. it's pretty much the same to her as Ariel..

Isabel Aimee - we LOVE this one. It's gone straight to our top three.

Isabel Camille - it's pretty, but we don't think these names sound right together..

Isabel Jolie - there is angelina to consider.. lol. my aunt said absolutely not before this one was even out of my mouth.. for what it's worth, though, i think it's gorgeous.

Isabel Mireille - my aunt liked this one, but said that it's a little too "out there"..

Isabel Renee - top three.. Auntie loves it.. Miranda loves it..

Isabel Charlotte - i think this one is great, but wouldn't Charlotte Isabel sound better?

Isabel Georgia - we live in Georgia.. so my aunt is saying absolutely not on this one.. lol.

Isabel Mazal - auntie is going with no on this one too. it's really pretty, but she likes more "traditional" names..

Isabel Carys - she loves.. but thinks it sounds too much like Paris.. which she hates.

Isabel Freya - Miranda says Freya sounds like an old lady. lol.. i associate it with a character in a book i read once.. it's a nice name, but auntie doesn't like the flow with Miranda Nicole

Isabel Siran - auntie said "as in saran wrap?" i'm assuming that was a no..

Isabel Dora - we like Isabel Dora.. it sounds a little chunky.. but it's a cute name.. i could definitely see her using this name.. don't really know how well it flows with the other two names....

Isabel Matia - Miranda burst out laughing... she said that she absolutely did not like this name but would love Madeline.. auntie looked pensive.. it's in the maybe list for now..

Isabel Shiloh - can't use Shiloh.. we love it.. but it's the name of a town nearby..

Isabel Adelphie - auntie didn't like this one, but said that she'd consider Isabel Delphine.. it's kind of similar..

Isabel Fausta - this one just isn't cute. we didn't like it.

Isabel Sadiya - i LOVE it.. Miranda LOVES it.. auntie doesn't like how different it is from the names of her other two children..

Okay, thanks for getting back to me! So, here is the list from what I could grasp from your comments:

Isabel Aimee - 779 - French - "beloved friend"
    Isabel Renee - 734 - French - "reborn"
    Isabel Dora - U/R - Greek - "gift"
    Isabel Sadiya - U/R - Arabic - "lucky"
    Isabel Charlotte - 87 - English - "free"
    Isabel Delphine - U/R - French - "woman from Delphi"

Okay, now that we have taken care of that business, my comments:

Isabel Aimee is beautiful, has a lovely meaning, and has a French connection to Nicole. Because of its relation to Amy, it has a connection to the trendy Nicole, but its spelling makes it differently. It can be pronounced like Amy (which I recommend for flow) or like ay-may. I really love it!

Isabel Renee is very pretty, as is its meaning. Because she is being adopted, it is almost like she is being "reborn" as a part of your aunt's family. It goes very well with Robert and Nicole, but I do think it sounds a bit dated and old for a little girl. Like it.

Isabel Dora is plain cute, and spunky! She is a gift, right? I think it is playful and sweet! Really like...

Isabel Sadiya is beautiful, but I don't know how your aunt likes it when it is so untraditional! I love it, but I agree it isn't the best with Miranda and Anthony's full names...

Isabel Charlotte, popularity wise, is best with Nicole and Robert, but I agree that Charlotte Isabel is slightly more attractive. I think you can do better!

Isabel Delphine doesn't work for me. I don't like the meaning, and I don't like the repetition of the "el" sound. Sorry, auntie!

So, I would limit my search to Isabel Aimee, Isabel Renee, and Isabel Dora. Two questions: 1) What is the baby's last name going to be? It would help me judge the flow of the name. 2) Where is she being adopted from? Perhaps her looks might help us pick a name for her!

P.S. We all seem to agree about Isabel Fausta being ugly, but I just had to put it in there for the meaning! And, yay for Miranda and her little kitty, Ariel! Perfect solution.