Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Would love your opinion!!!!

What do you think of Conrad? I just read a book and Conrad was a character in it. I'm not sure what I think of it- if I love it or hate it. I don't like the nn Connie because it sounds girly. Any other nn ideas? I think it could either be an intelectual, handsom name, or a geeky name. Let me know what you think!

Re: Conrad?

I think it's a great name, and I associate it with the character played by Timothy Hutton in Ordinary People. Granted, the character is associated with tragedy, but it's where I first heard the name. I also think of the actor Conrad Bain, who played the dad in the TV show Different Strokes.

I agree that the nicknames aren't the best, but I think that Rad(not my style) is more masculine than Con/Connie.

Because of the nickname issue, I prefer it in the middle, where I think it works with a variety of styles (Harrison Conrad, Alexander Conrad, Nathaniel Conrad, etc.)

Good luck! :-)

Re: What do you think?

I love the name Conrad! I remember when I was little reading a story about an octopus called Conrad who only had seven tentacles. I loved that septipus:)

It doesn't feel like a nerdy name to me because there is a famous kiwi rugby player called Conrad and nerds don't play rugby.

I agree about the nn issue but maybe it doesn't need one. Conrad is two syllables same as Connie so it's no harder to say.

I would say go for it, if you like it that is. It would be refreshing and it's not likely he would have another in his class, ever!

Good Luck:)
    "Be the change that you wish to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi

please check out my list!: http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9785307

Re: What do you think?

I think it's a great name! Very handsome! Nameberry has Cort listed as a possible nickname, and I think that's great! (MUCH better than Connie).

You could also spell it Konrad . . .
    Mom of one daughter, age 2, and name-enthusiast

Re: Would love your opinion!!!!

I am actually not a huge fan of the name Conrad. It sounds stuffy (I know, but I don't know how else to explain it...) and kind of blocky. I like names that are more flowy and light. This probably doesn't make any sense, but you have my opinion!!! The name Conrad is also associated in my mind with Conrad Birdie (from the movie "Bye, Bye, Birdie), which makes me think of an obnoxious movie from the 1960's. It's your choice anyways...