Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Help narrow my name list!!

Vera: I think it's a great name on its own, and I also like it as a nickname for Veronica and Guinevere. Lilia has a lovely vintage feel to me, so I can see Vera and Lilia as siblings.

Gianna: I prefer some of your other names.

Annelise (nn: Annie, Elise): I think it's beautiful...

Corinna (nn: Cora): I love Cora more than Corinna, but I do think that Corinna is a beautiful name.

Aubriana (nn: Bri, Aubri): Because Aubrey and Bri feel so trendy to me (and so different in style from Lilia Josephine), I prefer some of your other choices. I do love the name Adriana, though.

Leora (nn: Elle, Ora): I think it's beautiful (I'd stay away from the Ora nickname though, because of Oral jokes and the term "aura"), but think it's too close to Lilia.

Arianna (nn: Ara): I think that Arianna is lovely, but I'm not an Ara fan.

Isla (seems fitting since we're living in Hawaii for the next 2 years)
    Luciana (nn: Lucia, Luci): I think it's beautiful, but I know I'd personally get tongue tied with Lilia and Isla. They feel very similar to me.

Layla (again the Hawaii thing): I think it's too close to Lilia.

Annelise and Corinna are my favorites with Lilia (beautiful name...). :-)

Good luck!

Alright, so I'm taking Leora and Layla off the list as every seems to agree they are too similiar. Is it just the starting and ending with the same letter? : )

What about Clara though? I do like names ending in "a"...I'm from an Italian background so most of my family has names that end in "a". It just seems right to me, since I've been raised with it.

Quote Originally Posted by shanapops
    Alright, so I'm taking Leora and Layla off the list as every seems to agree they are too similiar. Is it just the starting and ending with the same letter? : )

What about Clara though? I do like names starting in "a"...I'm from an Italian background so most of my family has names that end in "a". It just seems right to me, since I've been raised with it.
    Hi! For me, it was the L beginnings and A endings that made Leora, Layla, and Lilia too similar.

I love the name Clara, and I personally don't think that Lilia are too Clara are too similar, thanks to the C beginning.

Good luck! :-)

What about Clara though? I do like names ending in "a"...I'm from an Italian background so most of my family has names that end in "a". It just seems right to me, since I've been raised with it.
    Clara and Lilia are absolutely gorgeous! Perfect! :)
    cordelia ~ jessamine ~ alice ~ louisa ~ maeve ~ julia ~ eloise ~ fiona ~ genevieve
    matthias ~ william ~ henry ~ finn ~ benjamin ~ frederick ~ leander

I'm new here on nameberry and absolutely LOVE it! I'm due at the end of February and can not for the life of me narrow down my list. What do you think of each name and pick your favorite from the bunch.
    Thanks for looking!

Keep in mind her sister is Lilia Josephine

Vera
    Gianna
    Annelise (nn: Annie, Elise)
    Corinna (nn: Cora)
    Aubriana (nn: Bri, Aubri...has the anna to honor my hubby's granny)
    Arianna (nn: Ara)
    Luciana (nn: Lucia, Luci)
    Clara
    Jocelyn (nn: Joss)
    Savannah
    Siena
    Anastasia (nn: stasia)