Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP!

Re: HELP!

What do you guys think about

Lilia
    Emmeline: pn Emmaline - got it from The Blue Lagoon with Brooke Shields. I like Elle for her nickname.

I like Lilia Bronte or Emmeline Ciel. WDYT?

Forrest

My husband suggested Forrest last night. I like it, but do you think Forrest Gump ruined this name?

We have also added these to our list. Thanks for your suggestions.

Coralie
    Aurora
    Soleil
    Tallulah

Hudson
    Emerson (boy)
    Everett
    Beckett
    Quinn
    Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by ashley
    What do you guys think about

Lilia
    Emmeline: pn Emmaline - got it from The Blue Lagoon with Brooke Shields. I like Elle for her nickname.

I like Lilia Bronte or Emmeline Ciel. WDYT?

Forrest

My husband suggested Forrest last night. I like it, but do you think Forrest Gump ruined this name?

We have also added these to our list. Thanks for your suggestions.

Coralie
    Aurora
    Soleil
    Tallulah

Hudson
    Emerson (boy)
    Everett
    Beckett
    Quinn
    Griffin

I don't like Emmeline with your other kids' names as much, and Lilia just looks like a misspelled Lily to me - Sorry! Of the two, my favorite is Emmeline Ciel, but I would nickname her Emme (M.E.)...

My favorites from your "new" list are Coralie (Bronte) and Tallulah (Harper), but I still really liked Avalon "Ava" Ciel.

Of your boy list, I think Everett and Beckett go best with Sawyer and August. I do agree that Forrest has been ruined by Forrest Gump associations.

Best of luck!
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

Ah I like a good theme.
    Beach, summer, outdoors.

Girls:
    Sunday
    Sundari (means beautiful)
    Sunita
    - Can all be shortened to Sunny
    Elanor (means sun star in Sindarin and Sam's daughters name in LOTR)
    Alma (a river)
    Delta
    Isis (a nature God)
    Diana (Goddess of the hunt and nature)
    Lani (means sky or heaven in Hawaiian)
    Sora (Japanese for Sky)
    Sandie (or anything that can be shortened to Sandy/ie)
    Amber
    Daphne
    Juniper
    Kiri
    Laurel
    Lotus
    Fern/Fearne
    Sorrel
    Anthea (means Fower)
    Tansy (type of flower)

Boys:
    Glenn
    Dene (With this spelling was an English word for Valley and in some parts of Scotland a name for a small stream)
    Dale
    Sol
    Aeron (A welsh river or the welsh for berry I think)
    Rio
    Trent (an English river)
    Jonah
    Lyndon
    Palmer
    Royce (From Rose)

Unisex:
    Brooke/s
    Jordan
    Kendall
    Sky/e
    Ash
    Rowan

Coralie - beautiful name, goes well with the siblings and a subtle nature-y theme
    Aurora - lovely! my favorite on this list invokes the beauty of sunrises, has spunky nn Rory if you like - plus, Isla gets her princess name! :)
    Soleil - also nice. The nature theme is a little stronger here I think, so it depends on what you like. With Isla, Sawyer and August, the associations are strong to you but do not immediately jump out, at least to me. Soleil is more direct imo.
    Tallulah - nms but I see its appeal.

Hudson - really like this with Sawyer and August - this is my favorite
    Emerson (boy) - I don't like that it's used by girls so much now but this may not bother you
    Everett - nice but not my favorite
    Beckett - cute! a second to Hudson
    Quinn - ok. It is used by girls too
    Griffin - I like Griffin and I like the nn Finn but I still think Sawyer and Finn is too much, even if Finn is just the nickname.
    Forrest - I like this one but the nature theme is too overt imo (see Soleil). I don't think Forrest Gump ruined it though.

My votes: Aurora or Coralie and Hudson or Beckett.

Lilia: I think it's beautiful, but I also think it's too close to Isla. I know I'd personally get tongue-tied calling Isla and Lilia to dinner.

Emmeline: I absolutely love this name, but with the long I sound , I think it's too similar in sound to Isla, too. If you pronounce it Emma-lyn or Emma-leen, I can better see it with Isla.

From your combos, I like Emmeline Bronte or Emmeline Ciel because Isla and Lilia are too close in sound to me.

Forrest: I think it's very handsome, but I unfortunately to still think of Forrest Gump and the line, "Ruuuun, Faaaawr-rest! Run!"

I'd suggest Forrester or Fletcher, but they have Sawyer's ending sound. Hmm...

Coralie: I think this is so beautiful...
    Aurora: Ditto...
    Soleil: Very interesting...I can better see some of the others with Sawyer and August, though. (I'm wondering if Soleil and August create a too obvious Summer theme...)
    Tallulah: I like some of the others better with Isla, because Isla and Tallulah share the same ending sound.

Hudson: I think it's a great name...
    Emerson (boy): I think it's a handsome name, but it's sadly more popular now on girls, which may or may not bother you.

Everett: I love this name so much!
    Beckett: Very hansome...
    Quinn: I think it's a great name, but I'm thinking it may be going to the girls...I like Quinlan, too...
    Griffin: I think it's an awesome name!

I love so many of your names! :-)

Good luck!