Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Name help needed, please!

Hi everyone. I have already posted this in the girls names' section, but will copy it here as we are completely stumped for boys names!

I am posting on behalf of my mum who is not the best with computers! She got married recentley and is trying for a baby. She has two children (me and my brother) and my step dad has a daughter. We all have biblical names which is a theme they would like to continue (but it's not a necessity). Our names are Rachel Esther, Matthew Caleb and Hannah Frances if that helps to imagine their style a little bit?
    At the moment, they like Oliver with the nn Oli and Arthur with the nn Artie for a boy, but they worry about possible teasing with Arthur nn Artie. They also like Nathaniel, but are not sure of a nn for this?

Salome gave a fantastic reply on the girls' names thread and included some boys names there too. From that list, there are some lovely names but most of the ones they like are already used by family members :( Apart from that, they like Luke (perhaps Lucas?) and Zach from the list (though they're not sure about a full name for Zach yet).

A family name is John, which has great significance on both sides of the family. Oliver John? Arthur John? Lucas John? Nathaniel John sounds a little off-beat, imo.

Thanks so much for your help!!

Re: Name help needed, please!

Quote Originally Posted by rellyray
    Hi everyone. I have already posted this in the girls names' section, but will copy it here as we are completely stumped for boys names!

I am posting on behalf of my mum who is not the best with computers! She got married recentley and is trying for a baby. She has two children (me and my brother) and my step dad has a daughter. We all have biblical names which is a theme they would like to continue (but it's not a necessity). Our names are Rachel Esther, Matthew Caleb and Hannah Frances if that helps to imagine their style a little bit?
    At the moment, they like Oliver with the nn Oli and Arthur with the nn Artie for a boy, but they worry about possible teasing with Arthur nn Artie. They also like Nathaniel, but are not sure of a nn for this?

Salome gave a fantastic reply on the girls' names thread and included some boys names there too. From that list, there are some lovely names but most of the ones they like are already used by family members :( Apart from that, they like Luke (perhaps Lucas?) and Zach from the list (though they're not sure about a full name for Zach yet).

A family name is John, which has great significance on both sides of the family. Oliver John? Arthur John? Lucas John? Nathaniel John sounds a little off-beat, imo.

Thanks so much for your help!!
    Hi there! :-)

Rachel, Matthew, Hannah, and:

Abraham (nn Abe)
    Benjamin
    David
    Eli
    Gideon
    Gabriel
    Isaac (nn Zac or Ike)
    Joseph
    James
    John (or Jonathan...)
    Simon
    Samson
    Samuel
    Tobias

I love Nathaniel, and think it works beautifully with you and your siblings' names. It does share Matthew's TH sound, though, which may or may not bother your parents. (I love Oliver and Arthur, too, but I don't think they work as well as Nathaniel. To me, you've got a Biblical theme going on, and I think another Biblical name would be perfect. )

Some of my favorite nicknames for Nathaniel are Nate and Ned.

Nathaniel Edward
    Nathaniel Henry
    Nathaniel James

Best wishes to you and your family! :-)

Suggestions

Jonathan/John Oliver
    Lucas Joel or Joel Lucas
    Aaron Oliver I like Aaron much more than Arthur, very handsome.
    Oliver James
    Nathaniel Levi
    Miles Christian (Miles means soldier)
    Luke Jeremiah
    Simon Reid
    Noah Jackson
    Simon Zachary

I love John Henry as a combo.
    Psalm 23

I think Daniel is a lovely biblical name ;)

Quote Originally Posted by dannsavvy
    I think Daniel is a lovely biblical name ;)
    I agree and it would make a brilliant mn choice with most of my suggestions.
    Psalm 23