Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: A sister for Max and Ava

Beatrice Irene
    Lily
    Lila
    Sasha (although I'm not sure how well it goes with Ava...maybe as a nn for Alexandra?)

What about Nola as a middle name? Beatrice Nola, Lily Nola or Alexandra Nola...?
    Amy

What terrific, thoughtful replies! Thank you so much! I was really feeling like I was grasping at straws, not being sure if the names I liked made any sense with the rest of our family names.

I went over the list (and over, and over, and over) with DH, and we really felt drawn to a few new ones from your great suggestions. We love Louisa (I always loved Little Women...), and Olive. We have an aquaintance that named their daughter "Olive Nola" -- she was born after Katrina. We thought it was really sweet, considering.

The mn Irene is a must for us. It was my grandmother's name. Ambrosine was an old Cajun name DH found and loved. Our new list now:

Louisa Irene
    Olive Irene
    Lily Irene

As sad as I am to let Marin and Marigny go, I have also been worried about both names (either the association with Marine, or the name being mispronounced). Although, I did just realize that if we went with Louisa or Lily, the initials would be LIP. LOL...can't have it all, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by dotamy
    What terrific, thoughtful replies! Thank you so much! I was really feeling like I was grasping at straws, not being sure if the names I liked made any sense with the rest of our family names.

I went over the list (and over, and over, and over) with DH, and we really felt drawn to a few new ones from your great suggestions. We love Louisa (I always loved Little Women...), and Olive. We have an aquaintance that named their daughter "Olive Nola" -- she was born after Katrina. We thought it was really sweet, considering.

The mn Irene is a must for us. It was my grandmother's name. Ambrosine was an old Cajun name DH found and loved. Our new list now:

Louisa Irene
    Olive Irene
    Lily Irene

As sad as I am to let Marin and Marigny go, I have also been worried about both names (either the association with Marine, or the name being mispronounced). Although, I did just realize that if we went with Louisa or Lily, the initials would be LIP. LOL...can't have it all, I guess.
    What about Lucy Irene? I think it flows better than Lily Irene, and Lucy is adorable with Max and Ava! Olive seems too unique with the semi-traditional, semi-hip names you have already chosen, and Louisa seems a bit stuffy (though pretty) next to Ava. I vote Lucy!
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Favorites - Eliza, Phoebe, Juliet, Archer, Ronan, Jude

Lemon you are right Lucy Irene sounds great, the other suggestions didn't seem to flow as well.

If you prefer a longer name just use Lucinda, but if it were me I would stay with Lucy.
    Psalm 23

Lucy Irene is a great fit! I'd say that'd be my first pick and Olive my second.