Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Jasper and Eviana: Good or Bad?

Quote Originally Posted by rollo
    Love Jasper and Allegra. Wow, I would go with this one!
    Jasper Nicholas and Allegra Evelyn would be nice! And, in case the allergy medicine association bothers you with Allegra, I personally know an Allegra, and it NEVER comes up. People just think she has a cool name!
    "Names, once they are in common use, quickly become mere sounds, their etymology being buried, like so many of the earth's marvels, beneath the dust of habit." - Salman Rushdie

Boy Combinations: Archer Solomon James, Ronan Charles Bennett, Everett Hawthorn Thomas
    Girl Combinations: Phoebe Marietta Pearl, Clara Daphne Eloise
    Other Favorites: Eliza (Eliza Wren), Juliet, Rosanna, Thea, Johanna, Jude

Quote Originally Posted by lemon
    Quote Originally Posted by rollo
    Love Jasper and Allegra. Wow, I would go with this one!
    Jasper Nicholas and Allegra Evelyn would be nice! And, in case the allergy medicine association bothers you with Allegra, I personally know an Allegra, and it NEVER comes up. People just think she has a cool name!
    I too know an Allegra and it never came up. She was my RA in college and she was awesome.

Hey, it's me again. Yeah, I had never noticed those possiblities before. It's just that my best friend has a cousin named Eviana and I LOVE her personality and Jasper sounds like Casper, who used to be a bf in high school (don't tell my hubby. . . .). Thank you so much. Only a few months left to go!

LOVE jasper. Eviana is ok but reminds me of the water and evie is too popular.

Jasper isn't particularly one I love but it is nice and just trendy enough without being flash-flood popular. It'll probably be considered a pretty cool name by most of his classmates.

Eve/Evi names are VERY popular right now and while Eviana isn't as popular as many of the others it seems very different from Jasper, perhaps not so much in style or popularity as the attitude perception. Jasper is a laidback-cool type name to me, just a little trendy but not trying too hard to be anything but itself, it's the sort of name I admire even if I don't like it too much because it has an aura of healthy self-identity. Eviana on the other hand is a high-maintenance name to me. It's highly girly as any iana name must be of course, but it's also a bit frilly and feels like it's trying too hard to be more important than Eve or Evelyn, trying too hard to be cool.